Sunday, May 17, 2009

Devil's Lake!

Here's some pics from our trip:


















Well, Venily had her first camping trip this weekend! Overall it was really fun! WAY TOO COLD for me, but still fun!

We got there, set up our tent and headed right out on an over 4 hour long hike! The last time we went to Devil's Lake (like 5-6 years ago) Jason made me go on these HORRIBLE stairs (I am scared to death of stairs) that are like 1 mile long and lead all the way up to the top of a huge mountain. Well.... somehow Mike and Jason tricked me into going up these stairs AGAIN!! Ahh! I was hyperventilating the whole way! AND Jason had Venily strapped to him, which made me even more nervous! We FINALLY got to the top and then the guys wanted to go rockclimbing so me, Venily, and my sister were on our own. There was NO WAY on earth we'd be able to go back down those stairs...EVER, let alone go down with Venily so we had to find our own way and we kept going for a couple of miles, realize we were not going the right way, and then backtracking! Venily wanted me to carry her most of the time, so that in itself was hard! Venily is about 24lbs and being 21.5 weeks pregnant hiking on rough terrain was EXHAUSTING!! haha! My legs and back are still killing me today! But I enjoyed it- I feel accomplished!! :) Though I am sure my blood pressure was pretty high while climbing those stairs!! I hope I don't have nightmares about them tonight!!

After that we got back to our tent, made some dinner on the fire, and went to sleep. It got down to 30 degrees F that night! Sooooo cold! Venily and I shared a sleeping bag and had a comforter wrapped around that so it wasn't too bad, but still too cold for my liking! We left the next day.

I think it was a nice "trial run" for camping. I'd like to go some more this summer when it's a lot warmer and we can go swimming and not freeze to death!



My next doctor's appointment is tomorrow!! I will update again when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute pictures! Looks like it was quite a hike to the top!

    ReplyDelete