Saturday, December 30, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Current mood: calm
1. If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as? Ummm…. I don't know.
2. What are your choice of toppings on a hamburger? And do you prefer gas or charcoal grilling? Well, on a veggie burger I like cheese and ketchup if I make it at home and if I get it from Burger King, I like mayo and lettuce. And, I don't care about gas or charcoal.
3. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask? Can I trade the question to kick him? Because I'd much rather do that!
4. It's your first day of vacation, what are you doing? Hanging out with my husband
5. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies? Soda and candy and/or popcorn
6. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email? Well, we don't get pop-up ads anymore so spam email.
7. What do you think Captain Hook's name was before he had a hook for a hand? I don't know…
8. Rock, paper, or scissors? paper
9. How long was it from 'the first date' until the proposal of marriage? How long until the wedding? Well, Jason and I had our first official date on
10. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet? Definitely too loud!
11. What is one quality that you really appreciate in a person? Honesty and Trustworthiness
12. At the good old general store, what particular kind of candy would you expect to be in the big jar at the counter? I don't know…
13. What is the most distinguishing landmark in your city? The Nestle's factory
14. Everyone hears discussions that they consider boring. What topic can put you to sleep quicker than any other? Anything about or involving cars, sound, or mechanical things!
15. How many times did it take you to pass your drivers test? Just once.
16. If you had to have the same topping on your vanilla ice cream for the rest of your life, what topping would you choose? Hot fudge
17. What food item would need to be removed from the market altogether in order for you to live a healthier, longer life? I don't think any, I eat pretty healthy… maybe chocolate??
18. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second? I would definitely just keep the $50! You should hear me when we watch Deal or No Deal, I always tell them to take the deal, lol!!
19. If you had to choose, which would you give up: cable TV, or DSL/cable internet? Probably tv
20. What is your highest level of education? I have my bachelor's degree in elementary education and a minor in mathematics
21. How much is a gallon of gas in your city? What was the highest it's been? I don't know, I usually don't even look at the price when I buy gas!
22. What kind of lunch box did you have as a kid? Um, I remember that I had a couple but I don't really remember what they were… I think I had a My Little Pony's one and a 90210 though, lol!
23. What would you rather have, a nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, or a chauffeur? Definitely a housekeeper!! I don't need a nanny yet, I can cook for myself and Jason is my chauffeur!
24. Would you rather be trapped in an elevator, or stuck in traffic? Stuck in traffic!
25. Lets say a brick fell on your foot, and your kid is standing right next to you, what is your 'cleaned up' swear word? Probably "gosh darn it"
1. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours? Nobody really, if I had to pick probably Jason
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Current mood: cheerful
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes
Well, 2006 has been a crazy year ! I would say that the first half of the year has been the most difficult couple of months of my life, while the second half has been some of the best. The beginning of the year I had to deal with student teaching (eighth graders, lesson plans, parent-teacher conferences, detentions, phone calls home, portfolios, etc.), NO free time at all, a couple of very sick family members (which tested every limit I could possibly have), wedding planning (I don't care what anyone says- it is NOT fun planning your own wedding- especially on a budget and with no free time to do it!), and TONS AND TONS of stress . The only real great thing that happened in the first half was the birth of my nephew, which was by no means easy or stress-free.
The second half of the year, however, got SOOO much better! I graduated, Jason and I had our 5 year anniversary of being together, we got MARRIED! <3 src="http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/love.gif"> [yep, we pulled it off (some of it at the last minute) and it turned out fantastic], I gained a wonderful new family, we became really close to some wonderful people!, the family members who were sick got better (or at least for the most part), and Jason and I were able to spend a LOT of time together as husband and wife and it's been AMAZING! Hopefully this newlywed feeling lasts forever b/c I love it! Oh, and I started subbing which I really like. I'm told that I'm pretty all the time by cute little kids, kids want to hold my hand when we walk in the halls, etc. and I get paid over double any job I've ever worked in my life- so that's really nice.
And, even though part of this year has been so great, I have a feeling that 2007 is going to be even better! I have so much to look forward to:
* Jason's 24th birthday in January (even though 25 is going to be even better b/c he gets a bunch of money!)
* New, major government changes in January! Yay!
* Going on our honeymoon (somewhere warm, we don't know where yet, probably
* A visit from Jacki, Jake, & Kaitlyn in a couple of months! (And we'll probably be going to
* Chase walking, talking, and turning one! I can't wait, he's already crawling around like crazy!
* Spending more time with my awesome husband!
* Our one year wedding anniversary & celebrating 6 years together! (hopefully our cake isn't freezer burnt, lol)
* Possibly a MAJOR move around July (don't know if I'm excited about that, probably more nervous)
* more weddings to go to (and not my own!)
* being a mommy!!!!! (The number one thing I'm looking forward to in 2007!!!)
* and of course lots more that I don't even know about yet!!!
I'm sooo excited!
And, even though I'm not really into making New Year's resolutions, there are a few things I'd like to do this next year…
#1- Stop caring so much about what others think of me. It's so not worth it. I am an incredibly lucky person with an amazing life so obviously there are always going to be people who are unhappy with everything I have compared to themselves and I'm not going to let those people bring me down.
#2- Stop obsessing about things I have absolutely no control over. Things will happen when the time is right!
#3- And continue doing everything else that I'm doing now, because it's obviously working!
CAN'T WAIT FOR 2007!!!!