Saturday, June 13, 2009

Venily is 20 months!!

She had a 103 fever yesterday afternoon and this morning and was up a lot last night! :( It seems to be getting better today though, mostly in the 100/101 range with Ibuprofen every 6 hrs! I hope she's all better by tomorrow!

She is still doing great with potty training- WE ARE OFFICIALLY DIAPER-FREE NOW ALL DAY IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE, including nap time (and only using one at night)! We will try not having one at night once she is feeling better, she's been waking up a lot at night and I don't want any accidents to set her back! She had no accidents again yesterday or today though!!!

We were out of the house for Yoga on Friday and she told me she had to go THREE times during the 1hr session (sometimes stopping in the middle of playing with her new friends to tell me) and she actually peed ALL THREE TIMES in the toilet there (lol, she had drank a whole thing of juice on the way there)!!!!! I also had her at Walmart today with no diaper on and she went in the toilet there as well! We bought some more new panties and some new plastic training covers to use at night when we are ready.

I am nervous!! Venily has definitely been my easy child! Her birth was easy, she was an easy baby, she learns new things easily, and now she is making potty training so easy for me... I hope I'm not in for a shock with Haven!!!

***************

At 20 months, Venily is....

*One of the most caring people I know! She is always concerned with how others are feeling. And if I am cleaning or something and am like "Man, my back hurts" (to my self) she will come RUNNING as fast as she can to give me a kiss and make me feel better!

*Talks in multiple word sentences. Jason and I are so amazed at how well she can talk! And the amount of things that she picks up on and remembers! (Definitely doesn't have her Daddy's memory- she must get it from her cousin Kate!)

*Can't wait for her new baby sister! We talk about her every day! Here is how our conversation usually goes, she's so funny!

Me: Who is in my tummy?
Venily: Baby sister!
Me: And what is your baby sister's name?
Venily: Hay!
Me: And when she's bigger how am I going to get her out?
Venily: (Very excitedly) PUUUUUSHHHH!! PUUUUSHHHHHH!
Me: Yep! And what is she going to do when she comes out?
Venily: Cry! (and she fake cries)
Me: Yep, she'll cry! And what are you going to do with her when we bring her home?
Venily: (hold her, feed her, kiss her, hug her, etc.)

*Working on counting to 10! If I help her she can usually get 1, 2, 3,...5... 8, 9. And she loves to say 3, 2, 1!! (b/c I am ALWAYS saying it to her!)

*Loves books, playing outside, playing with water out on our deck, ALL animals, other kids (especially older girls and little babies), going for walks, BIRTHDAY CAKE (we have been to so many birthday parties lately that's all I hear about!), singing songs (she can say the last word of each line of almost ANY song I have sung to her!), helping out around the house, and mimicking EVERYTHING Jason and I do (my morning routine takes twice as long b/c she has to brush her teeth with me and spit in the sink when I do, put lotion on, put her "makeup" on, etc., it's so cute! She even "shaved" with Daddy yesterday, lol)

*And her overall personality is just happy, goofy, and fun!!! She always has a ton of energy and is shy to new people but warms up fairly quickly!

*She hates to be tired though! And still needs me to lay with her (singing songs and making up stories) to go to sleep for her daily nap (after lunch for about 1.5-2 hrs) and at night (she usually goes to sleep around 9:00-9:30pm and wakes up around 7:00- 7:30am)

* She is also really into opposites right now. Clean/dirty, Hot/Warm/Cold, Big/Small, Upstairs/Downstairs, Wet/Dry, etc. and always wants to talk about what things are!

**************

I got my butt KICKED yesterday at yoga, oh my gosh!!!! I've been paying for it all day today and am still soooo sore! My thighs and back are just killing me, but in a good way!

No comments:

Post a Comment