Thursday, June 4, 2009

So call me crazy but....

I think I want Venily to be there when I give birth to Haven!!!!

I have been thinking about it more and more lately and would honestly LOVE for that to happen. Here are my reasons before you judge me, lol...

1. I had a very easy birth with Venily and was never in a tremendous amount of pain. I never screamed or yelled or cried or anything like that, so it's not like it's going to scar her for life to see her mommy in pain, b/c I don't see that happening... I calmly said "ow" twice through my entire birth experience with Venily. Once during the epidural and once when the doctor was stitching me up after I delivered her and he was getting towards the end.

2. I can pretty much expect a very fast birth and it might be hard to find someone to watch Venily last second. I was 8cm dilated when I got to the hospital with Venily and then had her less than 2 hours later. My dr said I will probably have a similar birth experience this time, but maybe even faster! We might not have a choice! :)

3. Jason's onboard with the idea! He is just worried that I will have her in the van on the way there and he will have to deliver her. Then Venily will probably have to assist! :) Haha. My dad was born in the car right outside the hospital, so it's a possibility!

4. I don't feel like I NEED Jason to give birth. I barely knew he was in the room with me when I had Venily, so it is okay for him to watch after her and not attend to me. I probably won't know the difference anyway!

5. Venily "gets" the whole giving birth thing probably better than most kids 5 times her age. If she sees a woman in a hospital bed on t.v. she starts asking "baby?". And when they are pushing she will yell "push! push!". HAHA! And even when the woman is screaming, it doesn't phase her. She knows where the baby comes out and then gets soooooo excited and says "BABY!!! BABY!!!" and usually "baby cry?". LOL, so she will be an awesome little birth coach.

6. I want Venily to experience the miracle of birth. It is not something I think every child could handle. But I think at her age and with her temperament and personality, I think she would have a lot of fun and be really excited to see the baby come out! And maybe it would even help her connect the fact that the baby she has been kissing and hugging and talking to in my stomach is the same baby that came out of me.


I'm not super obsessed with the idea or anything, I just think it would be nice. Of course there is a million things that could get in the way of it happening, I just like the idea and hope it all works out! I don't even know if my hospital allows it, but then again, Jason can talk his way into almost anything! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment