Saturday, February 28, 2009

We have our girl name!! (I think)

I feel HORRIBLE again!! The last few days has been pretty constant, severe nausea with some vomiting again yesterday. The nightly headaches have started back up again as well. But I know I can survive this for a few more weeks. With Venily I think I was feeling better at around 14 weeks and definitely better by 17 weeks.

I had a dream that I had the baby last night!! It was a very fast birth with no problems or anything (and I blanked a lot of it out like I always do in my dreams). Then we were so busy after that I didn't even think to ask what the sex was, lol. I tried to tell someone about the baby and I accidentally called the baby "Venily" and then I'm like "I mean... baby #2.... I mean.... WAIT!!! Jason, is the baby a girl or boy?". LOL! He told me a girl and I screamed and jumped all around, lol. So... there you have it! DEFINITELY a girl! :) (Though the fact that I went so long without even asking lets me know that it doesn't really matter and I will be happy either way!)

Jason and I have been talking more about names.... and as it stands right now we are probably going with Haven as our girl name!!!! YAY!!! We had it narrowed down between Haven and Raina and then Jason decided that he likes Haven better after all!!!! I'm very excited, I ABSOLUTELY love the name!! As for boy though.... hahaha!!! Ummm.... NO!! I've come up with quite a few more names that I'd consider and Jason doesn't like ANY and he doesn't like any that he previously liked AND he has no new suggestions to add even though he has been researching names, lol! I want to have names set before our big ultrasound so that I can stop referring to my unborn child as "Baby #2"!

We also have been talking about future children and it looks like this may be my last pregnancy after all! :( I'd like to get back to teaching once my children are in school and it will be really nice to live on 2 paychecks and/or help Jason through school as well. We are planning on starting the adoption process once Baby #2 is a little older so that will bring our total child count up to 3! :) In my heart I just know that I was meant to adopt a child.... I have felt this way ever since I was little and it would mean so much to me to bring a child from unfortunate circumstances into a loving home. There is a possibility that I MAY have an additional child biologically as well, but we will have to assess the situation when the time comes. So I will be cherishing this time being pregnant as if it were my last time b/c that very well may be the case!!

9 comments:

  1. Me and Jake like the name Haven. Very cute and angelic sounding. I dont have any more opinions for boys names. Boys names are so hard, and I dont know why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy names ARE hard! I came up with a whole long list of boy names again for Jason. Out of all of them he said "Preston" was okay. I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of you guys this weekend when I was watching the movie "My girl". The main character's name is Vayda. I thought it sounded nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a middle name picked out if it's a girl??-- Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girl from "My Girl" is actually why Jason wanted to have the name Venily. He thought her name was "Vena" at first and fell in love with that name and still wants to call her "Vena" for short when she's older.

    We haven't decided on a middle name. I wanted it to start w/ an "a" or "e" because I think it flows nicely. I like the name "Emory".

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about Elody? Like Melody without the M. I LOVE that name!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cute! I'll have to see if Jason likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, When we went to that family reunion for the Becker side...did you like that ladies name?? Alta? Or something like that... That's an idea..to kinda keep it in the family.
    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a good idea! I'll have to see what Jason thinks. And was that the name? lol... I know it was something like that!

    ReplyDelete