Sunday, February 15, 2009

2 Years Ago Today....


We found out we were pregnant for the 1st time!!!!!!

Venily's story...
We had gotten married 7 months earlier and had been trying for a baby ever since that day. Month after month we kept getting negatives. I charted and tried OPK's and knew everything you could possibly know about getting pregnant, but somehow just couldn't do it. I was sure I'd never get pregnant!

February 13, 2007- We had just gotten back from our honeymoon cruise to the Caribbean Islands- one of the few times I actually stopped thinking about getting pregnant and just had fun. I was supposed to have started while we were there but it only lasted like an hour. And of course I had been late before so thought nothing of it really. Plus I know traveling, stress, and all that messes with your cycles.

February 14, 2007- I felt "different". And finally told Jason that I was late and that I thought I should try a pregnancy test. He ran to the store and I remember it PERFECTLY! We were in our duplex at the time. I was sitting on the couch watching t.v. He walks in the door way and says "Happy Valentine's Day" and throws me the test. I set it down next to me, say "thanks" and continue watching t.v. He stands there for a while staring at me and finally says "so aren't you going to take it?" I say "No, I need to do it in the morning."

February 15, 2007- After one of the LONGEST nights of my life I finally get up at like 6:00 in the morning and run to the bathroom while Jason is still sleeping. I take the test and set it somewhere I can't see (which had been my routine at the time) and wait the right amount of time before I look. I was so prepared to see the one line as usual. And was SHOCKED when there was a second, light pink line! I remember being happy, but the most overwhelming emotion was fear. I was thinking "OH MY GOD, WHAT DID I DO?!" Haha. Even though it was EXACTLY what I had been dreaming of for years, I was scared to death! I ran into the bedroom and woke Jason up and told him I was pregnant. He was still half asleep and was like "really?, well, I guess we have a lot of things we need to do now." LOL. And he was soooo serious it scared me. But by the end of the day he was calling people up saying "Guess what? I'm going to be a Dad!" and that made me feel so much better!

Now here we are again... much more prepared this time around as to what's to come, but it's still so exciting! 2 more days until my 1st prenatal appt! I have been dry heaving a lot lately! Sooooo fun, haha! I guess that's the good thing about not being able to eat anything... though dry heaving is not significantly better than throwing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment