Monday, March 2, 2009

1st ER Visit Ever!

I've been having some stomach pains the last week or 2 and have almost gone into the doctor a few times "just to be sure" but kept talking myself out of it. Well today I had some REALLY bad pain and was just lying in bed crying because it was so bad, so Jason finally made me go to the doctor's. He called my doctor as we were on our way to the hospital and the nurse said to go right to the E.R. I kept crying all the way to the hospital because I was so scared that something was wrong. We got into a room pretty quickly and I had my blood and urine, heart rate, etc. all tested. The nurses and doctors were all really nice and brought Venily in little juices and popsicles.

Then the nurse said that they wanted to give me an ultrasound and that I had 2 options: I could either drink 3 GIANT glasses of water and then wait an hour to get an ultrasound or get a catheter put in and they would pump my bladder full of water or something. Well, I chose the 3 glasses of water! The nurse brought them in and I literally took one sip of water before another nurse came in saying it was time to get my ultrasound, lol!

I went into the room by myself and the nurse was really nice and talking with me and stuff. She was asking me about Venily and how far apart my children were going to be and things like that. Then I laid down and she immediately turned the computer screen so I couldn't see anything as she was doing the ultrasound and she became completly quiet. She looked around for 10 fricken minutes without saying ANYTHING. I was literally fighting back tears. I was just staring at her face and her eyes were kind of glassy and she looked kind of concerned. My heart was beating so fast and I wanted to scream! Then she's like "Okay, you're going to hear a sound and it's just the blood flowing through your ovaries".... and all I could think was "why are you not saying anything else and why are you not listening to my baby's heartbeat and why are you not showing me my baby?!"

After FOREVER she finally said "Can you see the screen at all?" I say "no". Then she's like "Okay, I'm not supposed to do this, but your baby just looks so cute sitting here relaxing." And she turned the screen towards me! And OH MY GOSH!!!!! GORGEOUS doesn't even describe it! Jason and I are truly blessed when it comes to making babies, let me tell you!!! The baby was SOOOOOO fricken cute!! It was completely relaxed, just laying back and then would kick it's legs a little every once in a while and move it's little arms!! And I could see the little heart beating!!! I was so relieved!!! I could have literally watched the screen forever. I couldn't believe how big the baby is either! It looked quite a bit bigger than Venily did when I got an ultrasound with her right around the same time. And it looks pretty proportional already, like a little person in there!!!

Photobucket

When I got back into the room the doctor came in and said everything looks good. All my tests came back good. And the ultrasound was good too! The baby is measuring at 11 weeks (and I am currently 10w, 5days today). The heartrate was 153bpm! I had my 1st ultrasound w/ Venily at 10w, 6 days and her heartrate at the time was 184bpm (then again, she was a LOT more active and moving around like crazy in there- hopefully this baby has a bit calmer of a personality?, lol). The doctor said that the pain is probably just round ligament pain, and boy does it suck, I am still in a lot of pain right now, but am just so relieved that nothing is wrong with my little baby!! It's crazy how much you can love someone who you have never even met!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything is okay. I had the same pains with Bryant and ended up in the ER, I think around 11 weeks.
    And another thing- It's a boy!! haha!! --Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Definitely a girl- I still feel like absolute crap! Also the little face was very pretty! Why do you say a boy? Because of the heartbeat? They say over 140= a girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryants was a little higher when I was in the ER at 10 weeks. Then it went down to the 140s later on..-Kayla

    ReplyDelete