Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Haven- 2 years old!!! UPDATES



Well, since Venily will be 4 tomorrow, I decided I HAD to get Haven's 2 year updates posted!!!!!

Haven Araya turned 2 years old on September 26th, 2011.  THIS is what we did that day.  She is so grown up at 2 years old, it saddens me a lot (but makes me so proud at the same time!).  She doesn't have a single "baby" thing left and is such a big, independent, smart little girl!!

Here is Venily's 2 year stats and updates:
COMPARING SIZES:

Haven had her 2 year well-check on Oct 6th, as posted HERE.  At 2 years old, Venily was 27lbs, 6oz and Haven is 29lbs, 8oz.  Also, Venily was 37 inches tall and Haven is 38.5 inches tall!  And here are Haven's current weight and height charts.  I had to do her height chart myself since it kept getting an error for 38.5 inches, apparently it only goes up to 38 inches, lol!





Here are some of Haven's 2 year updates!!

SIZES

Clothes- 3T tops and 3T bottoms. Pants have to have adjustable waistbands and it is hard to find them that fit perfectly since she doesn't wear a diaper so she has a lot of room where her butt is (certain brands fit a lot better than others)!  She wears a couple 4T shirts as well and has a few shirts she shares with her sister, ahhhh!  Pajamas are mostly 4T (if they are tight-fitted) and 3T if they are not.

Shoes- 8

Underwear- size 4 in brand name underwear like Disney or whatever (store brands are goofy fitting!).  Her favorite underwear she has right now are My Little Ponies and The Little Mermaid (p.s. Venily is in a size 4 in underwear too, lol!)

Hair length- Need to measure still!!

Color- Getting darker, but definitely still red!

* Also, very curly at this point.  I can give her a bath in the morning and blow dry her hair straight and after nap time, it is back to being 100% curly again, lol!
# of teeth- 16 as of her actual birthday, but 17 as of today's date!  She cut her top left 2 year molar on October 10, 2011 (maybe earlier, but that was the 1st time I had checked in a while).  Top right is swollen.  Bottom 2 don't appear to be coming in at all yet.  Haven, you don't literally have to get your 2 year molars the second you turn 2, lol! 
nicknames- Havs is what I call her the most besides Haven.  I also call her princess a lot or sweetie.


speech- Is very advanced at speaking for a 2 year old.  She speaks in multiple word sentences all the time and has a crazy good vocabulary!
She has also fixed her "I/my" problem.  She used to say "My want to go outside" instead of "I want to go outside".  Then she had it down right about 90% of the time and now she doesn't do it at all anymore.


silly/funny conversations and sayings:

* If I or someone else is sleeping she loves to say: "Wake up sleepyhead, wake up!".  It's actually my favorite way to be woken up! :)

* "I already did!"  Most of the time I'll be trying to tell her something or trying to remind her something like "You need to make sure that you turn the light off every time you leave the bathroom" and she'll turn it off and say "I already did!"  Huh.... I really hope she doesn't become as sassy as her sister!!
* "You better not!"  She says this to Venily a lot.  And one time she was playing with her little dogs by herself and I heard her say to the dog "You better not pee in your underwear dog!"  LOL!!! 
* One night she said "Tomatoes with dinner?  I'm a lucky duck!"  Ahhh!  She cracks me up! 
* We have this conversation at least once a day...
Haven- "Can I have some gum?"
Me- "No, sweetie, you can't have gum"
Haven- "When I get a little bigger?"
Me- "Yes, when you're a little bigger."
Haven- "I'm a big girl now!"

or

Haven- "Mommy, am I a big girl?"
Me- "Yes, you are a big girl."
Haven- "Can I have some gum now?"
Me- "No, hunny, you need to be a little bigger still!"

(LOL, I think I'm going to let her try some gum soon.  Venily was 2 years, 3 months when she started chewing gum and she IS a big girl...)

She also says "Mommy, I turned big, I can eat cough drops now!"

* "Here Mommy, it's a little tiny baby booger!"  (as she hands it to me.... this happens more times than I'd like to admit, haha!)

*  One time she wanted to know how to do something and she said "How dare you do this?"  She wasn't trying to be sassy, she just wanted to know how to do it, haha!

* While jumping on her trampoline with me: "Mommy, I'm a big girl and you're a big girl!  We're both big girls!  Mommy is a big girl and Haven is a big girl!" :)

* We were looking at pictures of Venily doing ballet and Haven says "Look Mommy, Venily is doing an arabesque!"  I actually had to google the term to see if she was correct and she was, lol!  Apparently she pays more attention during Venily's classes than I do, lol!

* ATTITUDE already?!
Haven: "Can I watch Dora?"
Me: "No, Daddy broke the computer and hasn't fixed it.  Do you want to watch a movie?"
Haven: "Yes!"
Me: "Which movie do you want to watch?"
Haven: "I don't know."
Me: "How about Finding Nemo?"
Haven: "Actually Mommy, it's just called Nemo, not Finding Nemo!"

WHAT?!  I think she inherited some of her Daddy's know-it-all-ness. :(  (Venily too!)


* "I'm not a _______, I'm just a big girl!"  or "I'm not a _______, I'm just Haven!" insert with any nickname I come up with (sassypants, cuddlebug, sweetiepie, princess-face, etc, haha)

* Haven just told Venily "You can't call me naughty names, do you understand me?!"  and then she told her "You can't say purple-pants ever again or you're going to go straight in your bedroom!".  She does my work for me! :)
SLEEP- Goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at around 7am as of lately (which is kind of a "late" sleeping in time for Haven).  She takes a nap around 12:30/1:00pm for about 1.5 hours (though it ranges between 45min and 3.5 hours).  She always asks us to lay down with her when it's time for bed so we'll stay in there for a minute and then say "Okay, I'm going to go do something, I'll be back to check on you in a little bit." and she says "okay" and falls right to sleep, lol.  She likes to sleep with at least 2 toys every night, though it doesn't always have to be the same 2.  Her FAVORITES though are her 2 kitties.  "Epic Maggie" is a big calico cat and "Midnight" is another black kitty she loves!  ♥  Some nights she still wakes up and tells us she needs to go to the bathroom, other nights she sleeps straight through and doesn't have to go until the morning.  She wakes up in the early morning and crawls into bed with us a lot still as well.

What do you know, as I'm typing this Haven puts "Epic Maggie" on my lap and says "I love Epic Maggie SOOOO much.  Can I have some milk?"  lol!


Playing:  Her favorite things right now are her stuffed animals and babies.  She is always carrying one around, pushing it in the stroller, etc.  She loves getting them tiny pillows and blankets as well.  She also loves anything dress up, especially her high heels and tutus.  Many days I put her in regular clothes only to turn around and see that she has her pants off and is wearing a tutu instead, haha.
She would have me read her books ALL DAY long if I could.  She has my love of reading for sure!   Every time I finish one it's "Just one more.... pretty please?!"  ♥
Super independent:   Needs to do everything herself!!
Heaven forbid I should try to help her pull her pants down to go to the bathroom (or move her stool, or open the lid on the toilet, or sit her up on the toilet, or flush the toilet, or turn on the water... lol, you get the idea!).  Anytime I do something for her, she undoes it and redoes it while saying "I can do it all by myself!"  Oh, boy!


She also brushes her teeth and spits the toothpaste into the sink all by herself.  It definitely helps to have a big sister to want to be just like! :) 
No more gates on stairs:
We took the top and bottom gates off the stairs about 2 months ago.  I left them up for Kylee, but when I asked her mom if we could take them down, she said yes.  Haven does great on the stairs and is always really cautious.  She knows that she has to hold onto the black railings 
No more "baby" cups!:
About 2 months ago, we decided that "baby cups" (aka- sippy cups or straw cups) were for in the living room only and she was only eating with regular cups and then about 1 month ago we cut out ALL "baby" cups so she is now using only regular cups.  She does really well and hardly ever spills any.  I think Venily has spilled more than she has, lol! 
Opening doors:
She learned how to open regular-knob doors a few weeks ago.  Darn it!  I had put her in a time out in my bedroom and shut the door (she hardly ever gets timeouts) and she opened it right back up.  I yelled at Venily for it, lol, and she told me Haven did it.  I didn't believe her, so I closed it again and sure enough, Haven opened it right back up! :(  Venily didn't open doors until she was like 2.5 years old, lol.   I really wish she didn't know how to open the refrigerator door, that gets really annoying!  I have contemplated trying to put a lock on it, but I probably won't since it's such a pain!

Other favorite things in this world:
* Playing outside

* Dora (one of the only shows she'll actually watch.  The only movie that she will sit 5 minutes for is Finding Nemo, though that doesn't last long either!)

 * Rocks- everywhere we go she wants to bring a rock with her!  She has rocks all in our car, rocks in our house, rocks in her pockets, etc.  lol!  She also is always wanting to put the rocks that get out of the areas they are supposed to be in "back with their families".  I love her!! :)


*KITTIES- she has her stuffed animal kitties, but she also loves real cats and when she sees another stuffed animal kitty at someone else's house or at the store, etc, she becomes instantly super attached to it!
* She also loves ALL animals, not just kitties.  She is always asking me "Can we go to a barn and see all the animals?" 

* Loves eating things out of the garden.  She asks me all the time if we can "go check on the zucchini's"  haha.  The zucchinis and carrots are the only thing that are still going strong.  We have a few tomatoes left too.  She LOVES picking and eating things from our garden.  I really wish we could have a garden all year round.  It has been so fun this year!

Other random things:
* She has counted to 21 several times now and then starts saying random 20-something #'s, haha.  Counts to 10 in Spanish!
* She has such a little tiny soft voice.  Her yelling is equivalent to Venily's regular speaking voice, lol!  Sometimes I have to ask her to repeat herself like 3 times!  Especially living in a house with someone as loud as Venily!!  I think this is yet another way that Haven and myself are alike! 
*  I still need to do my research for preschools for Haven for next year!  She wants to go so badly!  She asks me all the time if she can go to 4K or ballet class, etc.  I wish there was a class that I could sit out of for kids that are 2 years old, but I haven't had any luck finding any.  Even her pediatrician said that she is definitely advanced enough to take a class by herself.  I could probably ask, but she just turned 2, so I would feel bad about asking her to be in a class of 3's.  When she is closer to 3, I won't feel so bad! 
* Today Haven SANG HER NAME at her Building Blocks class.  We always sit in a circle and pass a toy microphone around.  I always hold it up to her mouth, but end up having to sing her name myself.  I was SOOOO VERY HAPPY that she sang her name today!!!  Venily only started singing her name a few weeks ago after being in these programs since she was 12 months old.  She seems to be much less shy than Venily was at this age!  She was also playing and talking to Ms. Joy today. 



****I will have to add any updates I missed and add in pictures at a later time!  I'm trying to get as many posts in as I can, since my list is still incredibly long and gets longer each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment