Sunday, May 9, 2010

♥ Happy Mother's Day! ♥

Happy Mother's Day to all of the great mommies out there!!!!  I am so blessed to have spent this day with my 2 favorite people in this world!  This is my first official Mother's Day as a Mommy of 2 and I couldn't be happier!

So, how is life being a Mommy to 2 children at once?  Well, I LOVE it!  I really feel like this is what I was meant to do with my life!  I love my girls more than anything and it is not nearly as hard as I envisioned it was going to be!  How silly I was this time last year, so nervous about how I would handle it all!  I think the age difference between them couldn't be better, and their personalities complement each other perfectly.  Once Haven is mobile it will for sure get harder, but as of right now, it is pretty easy!  I try to imagine what it would be like to just have one of them!  

If I just had Venily, I know we'd do a lot more one-on-one things.  I probably would have more patience for her and she would probably get in trouble less.  However, I don't think it would be a whole lot easier than having both Venily and Haven.  If I just had Haven, I know it would for sure be easier!  She is very laid back and easy going as of right now!!  I would sleep-in in the mornings and wouldn't have to follow as strict of a schedule throughout the day as Venily needs right now.  But, I wouldn't change the dynamics of having two for anything!!!!   They entertain each other, crack each other up, and are each other's best friends!  I honestly didn't see that coming!  Haven is absolutely, hands-down, the best gift I've ever given Venily! :)  I love watching them together.  I love how Venily teaches Haven new things all of the time.  I love that they have each other in case anything were ever to happen to Jason and me.  I love how happy they make each other!  Who knows what it will be like years from now, but right now they have the best relationship ever!!!  ♥

And I do feel complete.  Like everything is exactly as it's supposed to be!  I have always done best under pressure, so the added responsibility of taking care of 2 children as opposed to 1 is actually better for me.  I have to utilize my time better and make each moment count more.  The amount of love I feel and receive has doubled for sure, but I do NOT feel like the work load has doubled at all!  Makes me seriously wonder how a third child would mix into our family!! ;)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my girls to death!!  And I LOVE being a Mommy- best job in the universe!!  I really hope every mother feels that way!  What an amazing experience to watch something you created grow and learn and change and love you in return!!!  Just amazing!

Jason left last night on one of his cross-country adventures and won't be back until tomorrow so we celebrated Mother's Day on Friday!  We went out to eat, rented a movie, and he and the girls got me a card, some flowers, and a GPS system for my car!  It's really nice.  I can't drive any where without getting lost, so it is going to be very useful!  I just type in the address and it shows me exactly where I need to go, tells me when to turn, etc. It's a very Jason thing to get me, lol! :)  Then today the girls and I hung out and had dinner with my Mom!

I hope everyone else had an amazing Mother's Day as well!  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment