Friday, March 13, 2009

Venily is 17 Months!

1 more and she'll be 1 1/2!!! Oh my goodness!!

She woke up this morning asking Jason: "Water?" "Dells?" HAHAHAHA! I didn't even know she knew what the Dells were! It's sad to have to explain to her that no, it would be quite some time before we are able to go back to the Dells again and we still have several more months before we can go to the beach!

This last month Venily has been sleeping AWESOMELY!!! She sleeps in her big girl bed ALL night long now and comes into our room in the morning so very happy! ( Before she'd sleep in her bed for like 75% of the night and then crawl in with us sometime in the early morning and fall back asleep.) She likes to come up with creative ways sometimes to wake me up though like putting "icks" (fuzzies and things she finds on the ground) in my mouth and laughing. Or really excitedly yelling "BELBOWS!!! BELBOWS!!!" as she grabs my elbows (it's currently her favorite body part, lol). She is taking about a 2 hour nap around noon every day too, which I hope she keeps up!!

We have been giving her more things with cheese in it the last month to try and test her lactose sensitivity (cheese is easier to digest than milk) and so far she has done pretty well, some diahhrea here and there, but it's so hard to tell what is due to the lactose and what is a virus or something since she doesn't get it all the time. She is still drinking Lactaid and sometimes Soy Milk if the store is out of Lactaid and she loves it, so there is no problem there.

I gave up on potty training the last 2 months. I am still too nauseous to deal with that right now. Whenever I go to the bathroom she wants to sit on her potty too, but I just have her do it fully clothed because I usually feel too sick to undress her and put forth the effort. I plan on trying again in like a month. I'm hoping I feel better and it will be warmer out! She tells us all the time when she needs to be changed so I'm hoping to get the whole potty-training thing under control before Baby #2 is here!!

I was looking through old pictures of Venily yesterday and crying! :) She looks almost exactly the same as she does now, but she used to be a heck of a lot chunkier and had less hair, yet I find it really hard to remember her being that little! She was just sooooo cute (and gets cuter by the day!)! I miss having a baby though, I'm not going to let my next one grow up!! :)

Next month she gets her 18m checkup and shots!

2 comments:

  1. I think Venily looks soooo different from when she was a baby!! LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Too!! Totally different baby! -Kayla

    ReplyDelete