Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dr. Appt- (12w, 6d)

Photobucket


My doctor's appointment went well! Very short as I hope they will be from now on! My bloodwork all came back good, which is great to hear. Blood pressure and all that was good. We also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time!!!! Sweetest, cutest sound EVER!! The baby was moving around a lot so the doctor had some trouble finding it and keeping it for a while (lol, maybe I'm not getting my calm baby after all?!). It was cute to hear it softer and then louder as the baby moved closer and farther away. I'm measuring good- right on schedule and according to their scales, I've gained about 1/2 pound since my last visit.

My next appointment will be April 17th!! I'll be 17w, 2d at that time!!!! Which means we get to schedule our ULTRASOUND hopefully for not too much later than that!!! I CAN'T WAIT (even though I am still very sure of what I'm having- I mean, come on, we're not even CLOSE to finding a boy's name)!!! My next visit I'm also getting the spina bifida/ early Down's syndrome indicator blood test. I didn't get this done with Venily, but I think we will get it done this time around. Not that I would ever even consider doing anything with the information, but I do believe that knowledge is power and since there is no risk to the baby, I don't see why not!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I had the quad screening both times. I guess its better to just be informed and prepared if there's something wrong. Even though there isnt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah w/ my 1st doctor he seemed kind of against it and was like "well, it's up to you" but with this doctor he was like "next time we do the test" so I don't feel like it's that big of a deal this time, if that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete