Saturday, November 26, 2011

Venily Reading and Thanksgiving!

We got a bunch of BOB books from the library and Jason and I were still laying in bed one morning.  Venily got one, sat right next to our bed and started reading the whole thing front to back (there were 4 stories in the one book).  We couldn't believe it!  She's known a bunch of sight words and could sound out words for over a year, but hasn't ever had a book before at her reading level.  She thought it was the greatest thing ever and wants to read everything now!

I'm really proud of her and she's SUPER proud of herself!  She's excited that I can sign her up to read to the dog at the library now! :) (it's a real dog that comes into one of the rooms at the library and kids can sign up to read to it, haha).

Here's a video of her reading one of her stories:



Thanksgiving:
I love when people ask my girls if they were going to eat a lot of turkey or if they did eat a lot of turkey this Thanksgiving and I tell them that we are vegetarians.  LOL!  Some people look at me like I just said something disgusting or ridiculous.  It's kind of funny.  The bank teller a few days ago though told me "Good for you!  That's an amazing thing you're doing for your family."  She had been a vegetarian for 3 years and stopped, but wanted to start back up again!  Nice to hear something positive for a change, lol!  I've been a vegetarian for 15 1/2 years and I don't miss eating meat at all.  The thought of eating it makes me gag!  (I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but there is a little boy in Venily's class who is ALSO a vegetarian.  He's really cute.  I hope they get married someday!  ♥ )

No turkey aside (not that it affects us whatsoever), we had a great thanksgiving!  We went to Jason's parents house first, ate, and went straight to my grandparents where we ate again, lol!  :)  The girls had a great time playing with all of their cousins and 2nd cousins and were pretty well behaved despite not having a nap and having their schedules all messed up for the day!

I went shopping Thanksgiving morning for some last minute Xmas presents!  I am mostly done, but still have a few more things to buy.  I didn't go out at all Thanksgiving night or on Black Friday.  No, thanks!  Haven't ever done the craziness and from what I've heard, I'm just not interested!

The girls have been so excited about Xmas and Santa!!!!!   It's the best bribing tool ever!  We sent them videos from the Portable North Pole and they were amazed.  Venily isn't on the nice list yet.  I debated not sending her a video that said that, but she was being really naughty and I decided to go for it, lol!  It has actually helped tremendously.  She is very serious about wanting to get on the nice list to get her presents so she is working really hard on "listening to her parents"!  We saw Santa last weekend and the girls actually did really well!  They both stood next to him for a picture and they both talked to him!  (though Haven was relieved to get away from him ASAP, haha).

I think we're going to spend the day today getting our Xmas decorations up!!!!  The girls are so excited!! :)

1 comment:

  1. No you've never mentioned the boy in Venily's class who is also a vegetarian. That is awesome for her! I wonder if they talk about it together?! Or should I say, I wonder if Venily asks him questions?! LOL

    ReplyDelete