I got Venily's 1st quarter report card today and she is doing terrific! She got:
- 29 S's (S= secure and is the highest "grade" they can get)!!
- 2 D's and 1 D+ (D= developing)
- NO B's (B= beginning and is the lowest grade they can get)
They have a TON of things they get tested on in various categories- Language and Communication, Reading Readiness Skills, Math, School/ Social Skills, Self-Help Skills, and Fine Motor Skills.
Her D's were in
- Zips/buttons/snaps independently (no clue why since she does them all, but is maybe lazy about it at school?)
- Uses proper 3-finger grip (MY fault since I do not do it correctly and taught her wrong, lol, and they are now reteaching her the "right" way!)
- And a D+ in "Uses language to solve problems with others". Something we are working on at home as well!
And the "S's" I'm MOST proud of are the following:
- Willing to speak in front of others!
- Participates in discussions!
Super happy with her very first ever real report card, lol! ♥
And on the home front, we are hard at work on learning to read! The words she is reading now blows my mind! I am super proud of her! I have the old school "Hooked On Phonics" series that we are playing around with and also a TON of library books on hold for beginning readers. I've heard good things about the BOB series and am excited to get those in as well!