Friday, August 12, 2011

Business Endeavor!

Well, my husband and friends finally talked me into making a business out of drawing pencil portraits of people.  We shall see how it goes.  Up until a month ago, I didn't even know that there was a market for that sort of thing!!  Here is my facebook business profile page and I'm currently working on a website as well.


I just did a portrait of the daughter of a friend of mine and she absolutely loved it.  I was shocked b/c the whole time I was drawing it I kept thinking that there was no way she was going to like it.  Not only that, but after she posted it on her facebook, I had 4 people contact me saying they wanted pictures done and that they'd pay me for them!  I have very low self-esteem about my drawing abilities, so this is going to be hard on me.  I LOVE drawing so this would be a great spare time project to make some money, but there is always a point in each one of my drawings where my anxiety level spikes really high that I'm not going to be able to "get it right".  And I am HORRIBLE about negative criticism so it is going to be really hard for me not to lock myself in a room and cry for a week straight when someone tells me they don't like a drawing I did, haha!  Oh well, maybe it will be good for me?!

On a more positive note, I have always wanted to be good at something useful.  I have always envied people who have a talent for things that they enjoy doing.  Photography, baking, sports, music etc.  Maybe I have found my "something."

2 comments:

  1. I definitely think you found your "Something", well besides being a WONDERFUL Mother!!! I think your Teaching and Mothering ability is off the charts! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you are so sweet!! There are a lot of days when I don't feel like such a good mother though...

    ReplyDelete