Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Review!

Resolution check!!  I can't believe it's going to be April tomorrow, wow!

RESOLUTION #1: read 100 books this year.  So far I've read:
January- 11 books
February- 5 books
March- 10 books

TOTAL: 26 books (to stay on track, I should have 25 books read so far)

STATUS: Doing great!  I've read some FANTASTIC books this month! :)  This is my favorite resolution ever!!


8 books were from 2 of my favorite series! ♥ I also read the first Dexter book since Jason and I have become obsessed with the tv series (watching all 5 seasons in 2 months totaling 60 episodes, lol!  It's soooo good... I can't wait for season 6!!!).  The book mirrored the first season pretty well until the end.  I've read that none of the other books follow the show though so I don't know if I'll read any more.  

I also read a parenting book on shyness: Nurturing the shy child : practical help for raising confident and socially skilled kids and teen.  I'm so glad I did!!  I love it when I can label books as life-changing for me!  I have come to terms with so much of my own severe social anxiety as a child/teenager/adult and this book has helped me so much with that AND how to help Venily and what to look for in the future!  I broke down and cried REPEATEDLY while reading this book, that's how much it touched me!  Half of the time I felt like this book was written specifically for me, about my child hood and occasionally there were things where I was like "oh my gosh, that's Venily!".  I am proud of myself for how many things I'm doing "right" with Venily and have recognized a few things I've done wrong, but feel so much better for finally knowing which are which!!  I have started doing imaginal exposure therapy with Venily and am hoping it works to help her with her dance class on Monday!  I am so nervous!
*********************************************


RESOLUTION #2:
I will work out for at least 30 minutes 2x a week
I will work out at least 5x per week!

STATUS: The first 2 weeks of the month, I didn't do much at all.  I was sick and then Haven got sick! :(  Then I went walking when it was nice out for a few days, but other than that didn't do much!  Soooo... I decided that I needed to be held more accountable!  So I will write down what I do each WEEK now and see if that will make me work out more!  So far this week I'm doing great though!! And I have revised my resolution to say 5x per week! :)  Oh, and I am in severe pain, lol, but it will be well worth it!  I'll post my weekly progresses on Saturdays!


*********************************************
RESOLUTION #3:
I WILL donate blood this year. 

STATUS:  Completed 2/17.  I will be able to donate blood again in the middle of April- and am looking forward to it!  I even got my cool blood donating card in the mail and plan to fill out the back with dates! :) Yay!


*********************************************

RESOLUTION #4:
Getting boudoir pictures taken of myself. 
STATUS:  Not completed yet but moving along well!  I've done tons of research and made some purchases and have a goal of getting it done in May!  Super excited and nervous!  Extra motivation to keep on my workout schedule! :)


*********************************************

RESOLUTION #5:
DRINK 25oz of water a day!! (working up to 52)

Doing great, and surprisingly not too hard!  Many days I can even make it to my full 52oz! :)

***No new resolutions at this time.  I have LOTS going on and need to make sure I stay on top of the ones I've already made!

No comments:

Post a Comment