Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day of Preschool!!!!

My big girl is officially a preschooler!!!  I can't even believe it!!
She's been so excited and talking about preschool for several weeks straight now!  We got ready, dropped Allison off on the bus and headed to her school.  When we got into the parking lot, she says "Look at my legs Mommy!" (she was still sitting in her car seat and kicking her legs like crazy) and then says "I'm so excited about preschool!".  LOL, and then Haven was copying her... she must have been excited too!!  :)  She put her backpack on and headed into the school.  She hung her backpack and jacket up in her cubby and went into her classroom. She found her name at the little table and sat down.  I looked at her and she was so pretty and so grown up looking I almost lost it right there, haha!  I kissed her and hugged her and said goodbye.  She said goodbye to me and that was it.  No tears, no begging me to stay!  She was being really quiet, but that's usually how she gets in new situations.  As I was heading out the door I peeked back in on her and she was picking out a play dough color to play with (blue, of course!).  I had to go down in the basement and learn how to clock her in and out on the machine.  I checked back in on her without her seeing me, she was doing such a good job... I'm so proud of her!

I started crying as I drove home.  Then I would get it together for a bit and then picture her sitting back at that table and lose it again, haha!  Oh, she is just getting so big!!

I worried a lot for the 3 hours she was gone!  I kept thinking of all the things that could be going wrong, etc.  But when I came to pick her up, she ran over to me and gave me a huge hug!  She and her teacher (and the preschool director) told me that she had a great day!!!!  I am so, sooo, soooooo PROUD OF HER!!!!!!  The whole ride home she told me all about her new friends and what she did today!  She can't wait to go back next week!!  And she already has a whole backpack full of artwork that she did today, haha!  (P.S. I totally forgot to clock her back out... oops!)

This is the first time I've ever left her anywhere (besides with immediate family) and she did SO AMAZING!!!  I don't think there's anything this girl can't do!


******************
-As always, I have a lot of updates for Haven, but am saving them for her 11.5 month update on Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the back to school time! It has always been a little bitterweet to me, realizing that I am relinquishing my control over every part of their days, but then realizing that there was some "me" time around the corner!

    ReplyDelete