Saturday, August 15, 2009

Venily is 22 months!!

And I ask myself "who is this little girl?" all the time! She is just perfect!! She wants to do EVERYTHING herself, tells me she's a big girl all of the time, and wants to help me with EVERYTHING!!! She is starting to get very girly and WANTS pretties in her hair, WANTS her nails painted, always asks me to put makeup on her, and picks out her own clothes, etc.... I love it!

She is also HILARIOUS!!! And has us cracking up ALL the time!! I don't even know where she gets half the stuff she says from! Some funny things she says a lot are "Sooooo meaty" (from the Soup), "Daddy likes tacos, Yum, Yum tacos" (from her ABC, Music & Me class), and when she comes into our bedroom when the air is on she always says "oooooh, nice and cool in here!". haha. And then she says a million other funny things throughout the day. The other day she was standing up on our bar stool (which she knows she's not supposed to do) and says "Look Mommy! No red owwies!!" (which is what she calls owwies that bleed). I also love looking in my back mirror while driving and seeing Venily dancing completely crazy when a song that she likes comes on! She goes so nuts!!

This morning she held up a purple turtleneck shirt and said "wear purple shirt to wedding party?" and I said "No, you are going to wear your pretty new dress" and she got excited and said "YES I am!"!! She's very excited for the wedding and talks about it all the time now! :)

I also asked her to bring me something that was in her hand and she was quite a distance away from me and held it out as far as she could and said "Here ya go!" and I said "Could you bring it to me?" and she said "Reeeaaaach Mommy!". hahahaha

And we were watching Landen today and she kept calling him "buddy" and "honey"! It was too cute! She'd bring him his juice cup and say "Here Landen, here you go buddy!" haha and "No touch! Dangerous honey, get red owwies!". She was like a little Mommy to him... so funny!




*2 more months until her birthday!! She told me she wants a blue cake and blue balloons, haha!

*Less than 6 weeks until her baby sister is due! And she CAN'T wait!!

Current favorites:

*Coloring (she asks to color 10 times a day)

*Shoes (she's SUCH a girl!)! And just the other day my aunt sent her 14 pairs of new shoes!! I don't know if I've owned 14 pairs of shoes in my whole life!! And they are the CUTEST shoes ever too (and that's in addition to the 7 pairs that she already has!).

*Loves, Loves, Loves other kids (especially older ones like 7-12yrs). If there are no adults around them, she'll go right up to them, take their hand and lead them where she wants them to go, lol. Then she'll start telling them about random things like the baby goats at the fair and how she is getting fishies for her birthday! (She is still pretty shy to adults she doesn't know, though her circle of adults that she is not shy towards grows and grows all the time, so that is good!)

*Playing hide-and-go-seek! Her cousin Kaitlyn taught her! When she hides though, it's funny, she always gives herself away by saying "I'm right here!" even when I pretend to not see her.

*Her Daddy. She is such a Daddy's girl!!! Every morning she sadly asks "Daddy at work?" if he's not there. And when he gets home she doesn't like him out of her sight!

New things from the last month:
*Venily can count to 15 now! She no longer skips 7, though sometimes she'll skip 14 now! :)
*She says the 7 days of the week (as you can see from her videos)
*She also is working on her phone number. She always asks me what her phone # is! And when I tell her the first 3 numbers, she tells me the last 4.
*She can also spell Haven now in addition to Venily and always asks me how to spell Mommy and Daddy.
*And when you ask her what her Mommy's name is she says "Jennifer" and her Daddy's name she says "Jason".
* Sometimes she will let a "Mom" or "Dad" slip instead of Mommy and Daddy. It breaks my heart! I want to be Mommy forever and I yell at Jason if he uses Mom or Dad in front of her!
* She now calls herself "Venny" instead of "Yeahyee" and her sister "Haven" instead of "Hay". She also refers to herself in the 3rd person a lot!
* I got her a little table and chair set so she no longer sits at a high chair! She loves it, though it's going to take some work to get her to sit down and stay sitting down. It's a good thing too to get her started now b/c Haven will need to use her high chair soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment