Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten and Preschool!!!

Talk about an emotional day!!!  I haven't been any better since the last time I wrote.  It's been so hard for me to sleep this last week and I have nightmares all night from the high level of anxiety I've had about this day...

That being said, their first day of school went GREAT!!! :)

 

Venily woke up bright and early as she does every day at 6:20am (Her bus comes at 7:24am).  We excitedly went through the visual chart I made her of all the things she needs to do every morning.  She soared through them and we had tons of time left over.  I even painted her nails!







The only big difference about this year is that she is in full day kindergarten instead of half day and she gets to eat lunch at school.  Jason packed her lunch last night and put this in it too! :)



Haven, oddly enough, slept in until 8:00am (which is almost unheard of in our house!)!!!  I think that kid is going through a growing spurt because the last couple of days she's been super tired and she is hungry and eating even more than usual (which is hard to do, lol!).  She's continued to be tired all day.

We went to library storytime from 10:30-11:00, got her some lunch, and went to the store to get her some last minute slippers for her school.  Her class goes from 12:30-3:30.  We got there, dropped her off, and she was pretty good.  A little shy, but no tears when we left!  Jason and I didn't want to go all the way home so we went out to eat (Jason ate, I didn't, lol, or I would have thrown up everywhere from anxiety!), went to a couple of stores, and hung out at the park filling out preschool forms, walking, and talking.  It was absolute torture wondering how things were going and what she was doing!!!

We picked her up and she was good!  The teacher said that she was really attached to her (which I KNEW was going to happen) and had a few little emotional times (once because she fell off the computer chair and once because the teacher went to help another student on the other side of the basement and Haven cried because she didn't know where she was).  The teacher said, though, that she only cried for a second each time and then was fine again.  Haven was very excited to tell us about her day!!!  She got to play on the computers (it's a modified Montessori school, lol), eat snack with her friends, play puzzles, etc.  And she's excited to go back, so that's great!!




We rushed home to get Venily off the bus (it comes at 4:05pm) and she had a great day too!  Everything went perfect!  She got to see Mrs. Graham and Ms. Jill from last year and she had guidance class with Mrs. Rummele (who used to be a teacher when I went there!) and ate a few bites of her lunch (which Jason was not happy with, lol).  She got to play outside at recess and see all of her friends again- overall a great day! :)  And I hardly cried at all!!  The only time I was really close to losing it was talking to the librarian, Ms. Joy, but I mostly held it together! ;)  I can't believe how fast the time goes- my girls are getting so grown up!!!  And I am now the mom of a Kindergartener and a Preschooler!!

No comments:

Post a Comment