Wednesday, January 28, 2009

6 weeks and nervous

From an hour after I read that pregnancy test, I've been worried. So many things can go wrong. So, while I should be happy that my nausea is not nearly as bad as it was with Venily and only comes now and then and I haven't thrown up yet (though almost), I am not and it makes me nervous. I wish I had wrote more about the first couple of weeks in Venily's pregnancy. All I remember is being SOOOO sick and not even being able to lift my head up while laying on the couch. I was LITERALLY never more than 3 feet away from a garbage can. I remember eating dinner with a garbage can at my feet because I knew I wouldn't be able to take a bite without first throwing up! But I don't remember EXACTLY when that started... I tried not to dwell on anything negative because I was just SO grateful to be pregnant... so now I think maybe it's a boy? I don't know, that's why I'm waiting to make a baby game... haha, I need a few more weeks to figure this baby out! Though for the record I am still VERY, VERY hopeful that it's a girl b/c we are already all set up for another girl! I had an ultrasound dream the other night and it said I was having a girl!!! :) Right now my nausea comes and goes and it is worse at night to the point that I can hardly ever eat dinner or even be in the same room as Jason cooking b/c the smell of it makes me gag. I've also been having a lot of cramps which always sends me into a panic, but I remember having that with Venily too. One night it got so bad I hardly slept and when I did I dreamt that I was getting ready to go to the hospital to make sure that everything was okay. They stopped in the morning though, so I didn't end up going to the hospital. I REALLY can't wait until I get to hear and/or see my baby for the first time and put some of these fears to rest!!! Some other symptoms I'm having include: headaches every night and I am SUPER emotional!

Jason and I have been researching more and more baby names with NO luck!! He is the absolute most difficult person to deal with when it comes to names. I am still so in love with the names I have that no other names seem even close to good enough. For a girl I want "Haven Emory Young" and for a boy I want "Emmett James Young". WHAT FANTASTIC NAMES and it's pretty hard to compete with such a beautiful name as "Venily Autumn Young"!!! Jason has expressed some interest in a few names. "Kia" (rhymes with "eye" and is Hawaiin for "the sea") for a boy and "Raina" for a girl. I like these names alright but I don't know. If anyone has any suggests, please let me know!!! Jason really wants something "earthy" (aka a hippie name, lol). So any moutain or river name or something like that is what he is looking for but whenever we look at lists of nature names he doesn't like any!

Venily is so funny. If even a sliver of my skin around my waist is showing she gets so excited and runs up to me and touches it and starts yelling "BABY, BABY, BABY"!! She is BABY CRAZY just like her Mommy!!! She has her 15 month appt and shots today (it's been pushed back for 3 weeks now) so I will write her current stats on here when we get back from there. She was just at the doctor's last week with a fever so we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. So I did a search for Hippie Names and these are the ones I like. lol... Cassidy, Skye, Lilly, Jade and Chloe for a girl. River, Blaze, Phoenix, Skyler and Asher for a boy. I do like Raina too... Like as is Rayna from coal chamber right? Names are hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, I like Blaze too!! I think we were kind of making fun of it when we came across it, but I actually do like it! And I've always like Skye/Skya and Chloe. I remember asking Jason about Skyler when we were pregnant w/ Venily and he said no b/c of the Skylar on South Park, lol. And I like Asher but don't want any biblical names if I can help it!

    And yeah, I think that's why Jason likes Raina. We were actually watching "What Not To Wear" and there was a cute Asian girl on there and her name was Raina. So I asked Jason if he liked the name and he said he did and said that he thought the drummer from coal chamber had that name too, lol!

    ReplyDelete