Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 29, 2008 (Venily is 1 year, 2 weeks, 2 days old)

We have been busy! Venily has been having fun doing fall and Halloween things this last week. We went trick-or-treating on Sunday. She was so tired and just completely relaxed the whole time, lol. I did let her eat some teddy grahams, she thought that was pretty cool, lol! Too bad it was cold and windy. She was all bundled up, so you could hardly even see her costume, lol. We might go again Friday, hopefully it's nicer out! On Saturday Jason and I went to a wedding without her! It was the first time we've been out together without her in a long, long time! We were sad and missed her, but she had a lot of fun with her Grandma, her Aunt, Uncle, and cousin Chase!

We have been fighting some sicknesses here. Venily got a virus a couple of weeks ago and had that ear infection, so she was put on antibiotics, which made her diarrhea worse. The antibiotics killed off all of her good bacteria in her digestive system, so we are working on getting that better. I took her to the walk-in again on Monday for a diaper rash caused by the diarrhea that keeps coming back. They told me she has a temporary sensitivity to lactose because I guess antibiotics kills off the bacteria that break down lactose too and the diarrhea is stopping them from being able to build back up to normal levels!! If it's not one thing, it's another! My gosh! Soooooo..... right now she can't have any fruit or dairy still! And I've stopped drinking milk just in case! I had to stop trying to wean her too which sucks because we were doing really good and now we're back to square one!

Venily has unfortunately learned how to throw a pretty good tantrum when she's tired! HAHA! You should see it! She makes her whole body go limp and screams and screams! I need to start putting her to bed earlier, before she gets too tired!

Her vocabulary is contining to grow and grow!!! She amazes me soooo much!!! She's got to be on 50+ words now, but I've lost count! Some new words she says now are "rock, rock", "knock, knock", "boy", "diaper", "chair", "button", "duck".... I'm always shocked when she'll say a word I haven't heard her say before and she knows exactly what it means! She is getting really good at fetching things for me too, lol, isn't that the real reason for having kids?! HAHA! I say "go get mama a ....(book, duck, baby, dinosaur, etc., etc.)" and she'll run and go get it for me!! She will be such a good helper by the time we have another baby! :)

Other than that, things are going pretty good. Our house is coming along slowly but surely. Everything that we have left we need to rely on other people so it is taking some time. We'll be in there soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment