Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday, October 05, 2008 6:45 PM

Current mood: loved
Category: Life
ARE YOU A PROUD MOMMY?




Child's name?
Venily Autumn

Age you had your child?
23

Are/were you married?
Yes, we wanted to be married before we started trying!

When did you find out you were pregnant:
February 15th, the day after Valentine's day

Who did you tell first about the pregnancy:
Jason! Then Jacki!

What was the father's reaction?
A little stunned at first, I had just woken him up and it was still pretty early in the morning. But by the end of the day he was calling people and saying "guess what, I'm going to be a dad!" :)

How did you feel about the pregnancy?
I was soooo excited, but so scared too! I didn't believe it was real for a long time.

Date of Conception:
Sometime in January.... I think it was the 20th or 23rd or something like that

Due Date:
October 18th

Was the pregnancy planned:
Sure was! We tried for 6 months!!

Did you find out what you were having?
Yes! I couldn't take the suspense!

What did you hope for?
I wanted a little girl more than anything else in this world!!! And our dream came true! :)

Did the baby move a lot?
Oh yeah, she was a kicker, and I loved it!

Did you take a birthing class?
No, I read a LOT of books and knew everything anyway!

How long did labor last?
not sure, I didn't know if I was really in labor.... less than 2 hours at the hospital though! When I got to the hospital I was already 8 cm!

Did you get an epidural?
Yes, but I definitely think I could have done it w/out it. I'm glad I took it though- I have nothing but positive memories from that day!

How long did you push?
18 minutes, but it felt like less

Was it as bad as you thought it was going to be?
No, I was SHOCKED at how easy it was!

Did you have any complications?
Nope!

Weight of baby?
7lbs 8oz

Length?
20in

ANY HAIR?
yep, dark hair.... totally unexpected!

What was your prepregnancy weight?
126

Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant?
23 pounds

Did you lose it all?
yes, plus 8 pounds (w/out trying!) I've been trying to gain some back while breastfeeding, and it's not working for me!


Was baby early or late?
5 days early

Did you breastfeed? If so, how long?
Yes... so far 11months, 3 weeks!

Who drove you home from the hospital?
Jason

How did you pick the name?
We made it up! Jason liked the name Vena and I wanted something longer

Did you go home or somewhere else when you left the hospital?
home, of course

Where was the baby born?
Aurora in Kenosha


Did you video tape the birth?
Sure did!! Speaking of that, I want to watch it again! :)

Who was in the room with you?
Jason, Jacki, my doctor, Cathy, and another nurse

Who keeps your baby the most?
haha, me, I don't let her out of my sight! :)

Did you have any postpartum depression?
No, I would just get really emotional if I didn't get enough sleep!

Did your baby have colic?
No, she was a very happy baby!

Who does the baby look like most?
Definitely Jason, though I can see myself in her when she smiles

Do you want to have another?
Most definitely

How is your baby's father?
AMAZING! Venily is the luckiest little girl. Her Daddy loves her so much!

Seriously...did you get stretch marks?
No, thank goodness! Just some small ones on my boobs after the fact (they're gone now)

How old is your baby now?
She will be 1 in 8 days!!!!

What has been your favorite thing about being a Mommy?
I love EVERY minute of it!! Especially watching Venily learn new things! She is so smart!


REPOST IT AS :
Are you a proud Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment