Monday, September 15, 2008

September 15, 2008 (Venily is 11 months, 2 days old)

Venily turned 11 months on the 13th!!!! There is less than a month left now until her first birthday!!!! I'm so excited!! And there are so many cool things that she can do when she turns one!! Like turn her car seat front facing (!!!!!), drink whole milk, eat peanut butter and egg whites.... haha, I can't wait!!

People keep asking me what Venily wants for her birthday... really she doesn't care! She loves everything! Some things she needs though are big crayons (or the ones that are for toddlers) , finger paint, bath toys, little farm animals... stuff like that! She also loves anything with buttons that you can press to make it do things. Oh, and ANYTHING that you can put pictures in. She's in mostly 18m for clothes, though if you ask her Daddy, she has too many! Venily and I know that you can never have too many clothes! She still needs snow pants and boots for the winter (she has a jacket, it's black, pink, and white), but I don't know if they are even selling that stuff yet!

I can't believe that Venily is already 11 months! She was still inside of me this time last year! :) She is doing great with everything! She is walking more than she crawls now and can turn around, bend over and do other tricks while walking too!

She's still taking great naps... 2 a day. 1 1/2- 2 hours each. And she will play down in her crib for like 30 minutes after she wakes up, completely happy! I'll go get her and she'll have turned the light on and just be sitting there, reading a book or playing with a toy when I come in, it's soooo cute! She's doing better at night too. Sometimes she'll sleep all through the night in her crib... though most nights she's up 1-2 times. When her top teeth were coming in, she was up like every hour though!

At 11 months, she has 4 teeth (see pics). Two on top, two on bottom, just like a little llama! Her top teeth though look pretty gapped, lol! We're already saying that she might need braces, lol, but they are really cute!

Venily eats FANTASTIC!! There is NOTHING she won't eat! She loves all kinds of crazy food. Onions, tomatoes, peppers, I'm so surprised because up until I was pregnant with her, I didn't like ANYTHING except if it was plain. Now I love all sorts of different things too... it's so weird! I still severely limit her eating "bad" foods though. And I think I've found a compromise for her birthday cake... I'm going to see if my mom will make it for her. Low fat angel food cake with whip cream and strawberries? We'll see if my mom already has different ideas though... I think she might still be pushing for a real cake...

Venily says a lot of different words! Probably at least 20. Her favorites are Mama, hi/ bye, more, Matt, Daddy, milk (meh- as she points to me and lifts up my shirt, oh boy!), bear and dog!!! And when you ask her what sound a bear makes, she's growl and if you ask her what sound a kitty makes she meows!! It's so cute! I'm going have to get it on video to show you!

Here's a video too of her walking last week... right before I started the video I asked her where her train was... so she is going to find it, lol. I love when she bends over to see it!



She's actually walking even better than this now... every day she gets a little more used to it! And she can walk around good in her Robeez shoes too! But any other shoes, no way! They are too cluncky and she takes them off right away. She can't take the Robeez shoes off- I LOVE them!! :)

I still need to weigh and measure her for this month! I will do that in a bit!

Here are her likes and dislikes at 11 months:


Venily's LIKES:
* walking around by her self!
* pointing at all the pictures and decorations at Grandma and Grandpa's house and having people tell her what or who they are! She could SERIOUSLY do this all day long!
* Bears, dogs, and kitties!
* Growling! She growls for her bear noise and anything else that sounds similar... motorcycles, drills... etc.
* Figuring new things out- she is SO smart!


Venily DISLIKES:
* When Mommy yells at her for biting or pulling hair
* Shopping for any extended period of time! (I have to be prepared w/ lots of distractions! Snacks, toys, random items off the shelves...)

No comments:

Post a Comment