Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 6, 2008 (Venily is 6 months, 3 weeks, 2 days old)

Oh my, it's so gorgeous out today! Venily and I have been playing outside all morning, it's so fun! I love the smell of sunscreen and flowers!! I can't wait to buy her a little pool to play in!! I bought her another swimsuit the other day at a garage sale- it's a 2 piece, hahaha! I've come to discover that the more impractical baby things are, the more I love them! Anything "adult-like" I just LOVE!!! Like little jeans with little pockets in them- what's a baby going to put in a little pocket, lol, it's just so cute and funny!

Venily has been taking AWESOME naps again this past week!! AND they are really consistant! 3 a day, 30min- 1 1/2 hours each!!! I can really get a lot done in 30 Venily-free minutes, lol! AND they are like real naps, in her crib and everything and she usually doesn't fight me too much to take them! The only problem is if we go somewhere, then her whole schedule falls apart! On the other side of that though, she's waking up in the night. I don't think the two are related though. She just gets scared when she's by herself. If I put my hand in there with her she'll hold it with her two little hands and fall back to sleep, lol. She's also a REALLY light sleeper and when Jason gets up for work, that usually wakes her up. I usually just bring her in bed with me then and she'll play with my hair or something and fall back asleep!

I really have to keep my eyes on Venily lately! I can't leave her alone on the couch or our bed anymore by herself, because she can easily get off if she wanted to... I've caught her a couple of times close to the edge. She springs forward from sitting and then rolls! No crawling yet! If she's on the floor and she sees something that she wants ahead of her, she'll keep rolling back and forth until she gets frustrated or finds something else that she wants. She schooches around some too. She also will pick up and put any small thing in her mouth. Little rocks, crumbs, grass, you name it! AND I have to put her crib railing up now because she'll pull herself up on it to a sitting position and from there it wouldn't be hard to get over and fall to the ground!

We just picked up one of the last permits needed for our house!!!! We're going to go and order it some time this week, whenever Jason gets a break from work!! We have all of our custom plans drawn up and we've agreed on a siding color/ roof shingle color/ trim color etc.!! Now we need to go there and pick out all of our interior colors! I can't wait! AND we got our address!!!! We're thinking about picking up a mailbox and switching all of our mail to there already!

No comments:

Post a Comment