Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 10, 2008 (Venily is 6 months, 3 weeks, 6 days old)

WOW, what a busy morning! First of all, Venily has learned how to point now! She likes to point at me and at herself. So we've been doing that all morning. Then she was switching off waving at me with one hand and then pointing at me with the other, it was HILLARIOUS (at least we thought so, lol)!!

THEN.... I set her in the hallway with a couple of toys while I was doing my hair in the bathroom like I always do and Matt had this paper butterfly he made in school lieing on the ground right out of her reach. So I was watching her do her "sitting-to-crawl stance" that she does that usually ends with her flat on the ground and then trying to roll to whatever she wants. WELL, NOT THIS TIME!!!! She sat there, rocking back and forth a bit and then CRAWLED to it three "steps"!!!! I couldn't even speak I was so in shock, then I started jumping up and down and set her up to do it again, just to make sure I wasn't seeing things! Another three "steps"! I was screaming, lol!! She just looked at me with a huge smile on her face and the butterfly in her hand (until I took it away)! It was weird, my heart hurt I was so proud of her and my stomach hurt with anxiety at the realization of how much harder my job is going to get, lol! Oh my, what do I do now?! HAHA, Jason just bought her a pack-and-play yesterday at a garage sale, guess he got it just in time! Man-oh-man, I'm still in shock...

She still can't crawl from a laying down position, she just schooches a little and rolls still, but man it is all coming way too fast for me! Where did my little baby girl go?!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment