Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February 12, 2008 (Venily 3 months, 4 weeks, 2 days old)

Photobucket


Guess what?! Venily slept in her big girl crib last night for the first time and slept ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! Yay! Over 10 hours straight! I'm very happy, hopefully she keeps that up. She hasn't been sleeping that well during the day because she is teething so badly. It is hard to get her down and then you have to be VERY quiet, lol! Or a car ride always works too!

She had her 4 month check up today and looks great! She was 15 pounds, 4 ounces and was 25 1/2 inches long (though Jason and I think she's actually longer b/c the nurse didn't really stretch her out b/c she was mad and crying). He was impressed with her weight. He said some babies double their birth weight by 6 months, but she has already doubled it by 4! Haha, yep, she's a chunk! We talked to the doctor about her spitting up all the time and he checked her stomach for any blockages and stuff and it looks good, so guess we'll just have to wait it out! He also gave us the go-ahead to start her on rice cereal as soon as we want to! I'm going to try tomorrow when she's in a good mood. :) I bought her a booster seat and sat her in it yesterday and I HATE it. Lol, I was going back and forth between that and a high chair for a while and finally bought the booster seat, but now I think I'm going to return it and get a real high chair. Venily did well with her shots, we don't think it was as bad as last time, but it was still really sad. She cried for a little bit, but calmed down pretty quickly.

Jason is trying to put her to bed right now, but she is FUSSY. Don't know if it has more to do with the shots or her teething............. and now I'm feeding her and she is better. She is so sad right now, it's breaking our hearts. I just gave her nighttime orajel and she has another hour left before she can take more Tylenol. :( Awwwww, I hate seeing her in pain!!

I don't think I'll be updating her site this week b/c our house is getting appraised on Friday so we have a lot of painting and things to do before then! But maybe next week, haha. Okay, Venily is sleeping now and I've got to try to set her in her crib, wish me luck! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment