Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday, October 15, 2007 5:30 PM

Current mood: accomplished
Venily is finally here and she is just perfect! She was born on Saturday, October 13th at 4:28 p.m. and weighed 7 lbs 8 oz and was 20 in long! And her labor was like a dream come true! I wasn't even sure that I was in labor when we finally decided to go to the hospital. I was bleeding and having contractions about 3-4 min apart, but nothing too bad like they make it seem on the movies. We went to the hospital and when I was checked, I was already 8 centimeters!!! Crazy! I had an epidural immediately b/c otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get one. Then less than 2 hours after we got to the hospital, she was born! Only 18 minutes of pushing and I never screamed or yelled or anything, it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be! And now Venily is here and she is so sweet and so pretty. I haven't gotten much sleep and I did have to have an episiotomy, but other than that I don't even feel like I've given birth! I'm breastfeeding and that's going well, though a little painful at times. We're just so happy to have her and be home and start our family- it's an absolute dream come true! I will probably write a more detailed story on her baby home page site when I get some more time, but it's a lot of work taking care of a newborn, as you can imagine! I've also put up some of the pics we have of her, but we have tons and tons more and I'll try to put them up somewhere when I get the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment