Saturday, March 24, 2007

Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:00 AM

Current mood: hopeful
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural
I had my first specific dream last night that told me what the sex of the baby is going to be! I've been having crazy dreams every night and most of the time I'm pregnant, but this one was VERY realistic! Jason and I had gone in for an ultrasound and I was laying down on the table and the nurse was doing the ultrasound and we were watching it on the screen. It's still way to early to find out, but we were also doing a chroionic villus sampling which is a test that they do for genetic disorders if you're high risk that also can tell you the sex of the baby (and they preform it between 9 and 12 weeks). Lol, I have to add that I went to the library yesterday and picked up a bunch of pregnancy books and was reading them all day, which is probably why I had this dream (and I have no plans on getting the CVS test)! Anyway the nurse took out the needle and put it into my stomach and took out some of the fluid or whatever they do. Then she waited a little bit and asked me what it was that I was hoping for. I told her a girl and she looked a little sad and said we'd have to wait a little bit longer to find out. So, we waited for like another minute and then this huge button popped up that said "yes." The nurse smiled and looked over at us and told us that we were having a girl!!! I was so excited I couldn't stop smiling! Then I woke up and realized that I had fallen asleep on the couch and that it was 2:15am. I went to bed and told Jason, lol, but I couldn't get back to sleep until 4:30am because I felt so sick.

Anyway, now I think I'm having a girl! It changes every day, though. The other day I was convinced I was having a boy b/c I'm not much more emotional than usual (but I'm already a pretty emotional person), but I do think I'm a slight bit snippier than usual. Lol, my reasoning is that more estrogen would make you more emotional and more testosterone would make you snippier, but who knows, I have nothing to compare it to! I also read that there was a study that found that if you have morning sickness (and I do ), you have a slightly higher chance of having a girl. But, also, I looked at the Chinese calendar and it says a boy! Lol, guess I'll just have to wait a few more months and find out! But, girl OR boy, I'll be happy either way so it doesn't really matter. I just wish I KNEW because the suspense is killing me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment