Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13, 2008 (Venily is 8 months old)

Photobucket


HAPPY 8 MONTH BIRTHDAY VENILY!!!!

8 MONTH STATS: 29 inches long, 20 pounds! She didn't gain any weight this month, must be all that crawling burning off her extra chunk. We know she's got enough of it, lol.


UPDATES: Venily is a little crawling machine now!! She crawls across the room so fast, especially when she sees something she wants. The other day there was an ant on the floor and she crawled so fast to get it I almost didn't get her in time! I spend a lot of my day grabbing her, putting her on one side of the room while she crawls to the other, trying to find something to get into and I have to grab her again and put her back. HA! Something tells me it's only going to get worse! :)

She also pulls herself up on EVERYTHING and so far hasn't gotten hurt!! She loves to be standing. I've been holding onto her hands and letting go too and sometimes she can stand all by herself now for a few seconds!!

Venily eats lots and lots of big girl food. Waffles, spaghetti, shredded cheese, pizza, maccoroni and cheese, chunks of fruits and vegetables.... she loves them all! As long as Mommy doesn't have to feed it to her, she likes it! I can usually only get a couple of spoonfuls of baby food into her mouth now before she starts getting mad.

Venily's new tooth is doing great! It doesn't seem to be bothering her too much at all, it's so little and cute. She likes to use it to clamp down on her spoon when I try to feed her.

Venily just has the best little personality ever. She has her fussy times when she's tired, but when she's not, she's just such a little doll!! She loves seeing new people and her family of course, especially her best friend Kaitlyn. She also goes crazy when her Daddy comes home from work. She loves to smile at people, though she'll get a little shy. She also ABSOLUTELY loves saying "hi." It's by far her favorite word. She waves and says hi to everyone and everything, haha, me, strangers, trees, cars, the kitty.... the other day she even made up a song and dance for the word! It was the funniest, cutest thing ever.... I SOOOO wish my camera had been near by so I could have gotten it on video. She was trying to fall alseep and I was singing to her and dancing her around like I usually do (hey, it works!). Then I stopped and she starts repeating "HHHHHHHIIIIIIIIII, HHHHHHHIIIIIIII, hhhhhhhiiiiiii" over and over, drawing it out while waving both of her hands at the same time!! It was adorable.

I have lots of new, cute stuff to add to Venily's website when I get a chance, but we've been really busy. Hopefully I can update it sometime next week or maybe little things here and there. The basement flooded so I've been cleaning and reorganizing a lot in my spare time. Tomorrow we are going to Oshkosh to visit cousin Chase for his birthday party, can't wait!

At 8 Months...

Venily's LIKES:
* Crawling, standing, getting into trouble! :)
* Specks of dirt, grass, crumbs, etc. She can spot them a mile away and then has to have them!
* People
* Playing in her crib
* ANYTHING outside!!
* Eating the same food as Mommy and Daddy
* Singing and dancing
* Waving and saying "hi"



Venily DISLIKES:
* Being held by anyone else when Mommy is in the room! She will be perfectly content with someone else for hours until the second I walk into the room, then she has to have me!

No comments:

Post a Comment