Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 6:21 PM

Current mood:Reflective
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes
So, it's New Years Day, the very first day of 2008 and I'm feeling very reflective, lol. I just read through all of my old blogs on here and I found one where I wrote about 2006/2007 and thought I should write one about 2007/2008! This past year has seriously been AMAZING!!! I'm so happy and really feel good with where I am as a person, where we are as a couple, and where we are as a new family of three!

Lets, see... 2007...
In 2007 we went on our honeymoon, which was the best trip we ever went on and had soooo much fun and we got it in just in time b/c as soon as we came home we found out we were almost 5 weeks pregnant!!! And after 6 months of really trying, that was one of the best days of my life! At the end of May we also found out it was a girl, which quite honestly was another one of the best days of my life (I'd actually rank it higher than my wedding day, lol!). I was ECSTATIC and loved almost every minute of being pregnant (other than the initial morning sickness). Jason and I also had our 1 Year wedding anniversary and celebrated 6 years of being together. Jacki, Jake, and Kaitlyn moved back up here from Georgia and it feels like they were never gone! Venily was born and I became A MOMMY!!!! And I LOVE it, and I will NEVER forget how it felt to finally have everything I ever wanted come together. She is so wonderful and has just filled my life with complete happiness! In 2007 we also found out we are getting 2 more nephews and/or neices, creating an instant play group for our little Venily and lots to look forward to in 2008! Looking back on it, I really think 2007 has been the best year of my life and I think 2008 is going to be EVEN BETTER!!

In 2008...
* Jason gets his insurance settlement money in January... can't even tell you how long we've been waiting for it!!!

* Hopefully we'll be able to sell our house when we put it up for sale in the spring and hopefully we'll be able to build a new house for us to live in if everything goes right! (though I'm sure the whole thing will cause a bit of stress!)

* We'll get to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary and our 7 year anniversary of being together!

* We'll be getting two new babies for us to love added to our family!

* And it will be FILLED with lots of new accomplishments from Venily! She is going to crawl, walk, talk, and turn one! Can't wait, it's going to be so fun watching our little baby grow into a little girl!



Last year I also wrote about what my resolutions were and I think I did great on my resolutions for 2007, I'm very proud of myself! This year Jason and I decided to make "living greener" our resolution! We've already started recycling everything we possibly can, installed a wood burning stove, changed ALL our light bulbs over to energy efficient ones, and are super obsessive now about turning things off and conserving electricity. We also watch lots of shows that give us ideas about how to live better. I think it's a great resolution. It'll save us money, it's good for the environment, and it'll help us teach Venily good values! When we build our new house, we'll also look for as many energy-saving things we can add too and EVENTUALLY we'd like to like completely off the grid, lol, but that's going to probably be several years down the road.

I also have a few minor resolutions I'd like to work on myself: eat healthier and work out to lessen my stress (I know, it's so cliche, but it is something I'd like to do!), and be more understanding.

Good luck and happiness to everyone for a great 2008!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment