Saturday, January 19, 2008

January 19, 2008 (Venily 3 months, 6 days old)

Venily is 14 weeks old today and I survived my first outing without her yesterday!! I was less than a mile away and it was only for 2 hours, but I was still nervous about it, lol! Thank you Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Matt and Kaitlyn, Venily said she had a great time! We went and saw Juno at the Burlington theatre (I haven't been to the movies since before Venily was born!) and I really liked the movie so that was nice! It was definitely the best movie I've seen in a LONG time (we usually end up renting the stupidest movies you could ever imagine :) )!! And Grandma said Venily was a good little girl! She even got her to drink from a bottle which she hasn't done since we first tried when she was 6 weeks- thanks Grandma!! After they left she still had an ounce left in her bottle and I figured I might as well give it a try (we haven't tried in a really long time) and she drank it for me too! Yay- maybe Jason and I can get out a little more often.... if I could handle it, LOL.

I think Venily is going to be ready to start eating some real food now too! She'll be 4 months in a few weeks and I'll start her on rice cereal. She looks at us now when we eat and she'll open and close her mouth, so I know she's interested! :) Her teething is starting to get a little better, there were a few days when it was REALLY bothering her. Now she is still biting on her (or our) hands like crazy and I'll give her some Orajel every once in a while and she's pretty good, but the fussiness is WAY down, so that's good! I still can't see any teeth yet, but her gums feel hard and kind of sharp so I'm hoping this isn't going to be a super long and drawn out process!

Other than that, Venily is still doing really good. She's starting to mimic us a little now with sticking out our tongue at her and blowing with our lips, it's really cute! She's still sleeping pretty good. She doesn't like to be put down during her naps during the day now that she's teething... but she'll sleep forever if you just hold her or if she's in her carseat. Jason is officially the one that puts her to sleep. He has a special hold that he does that puts her right out!

No comments:

Post a Comment