Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 13, 2008 (Venily 3 months old)



VENILY IS 3 MONTHS OLD!!!! I can't even keep up with all the ways that she is changing any more. Each and every day she is getting bigger and learning new things! I weighed and measured her this morning and she was 24 inches and about 15 pounds! She's such a big girl, she's hardly even a baby any more! I, on the other hand, have lost another 4 pounds, so I am down to 6 pounds less than my pre-pregnancy weight! I bought pants last week and had to buy a size 1 and a size 2. I don't know what to do... I want to start working out too, but probably not until I gain some more weight first if I can.

Venily has been drooling a lot lately and biting on her hands, fingers, and thumb like crazy. I really think she is teething, but I'm really hoping she's not! I've been brushing her gums every night now with her baby gum and tooth cleanser stuff and she loves it! It's strawberry- banana flavored and since I haven't give her any real food yet, it's fun to see her try it!

We've gotten a few routines down for the morning and before bed, so it's nice. But during the day, we just do what Venily wants to do. She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she is tired, usually for like 15 minutes at a time, unless we go somewhere, then she'll sleep for a long time in her carseat. She's pretty laid back and up for anything!

I'm already starting to get baby fevor again, LOL! I know, it's way too early! I'm hoping the birth of the next couple of babies will hold me over... and maybe as Venily gets to be more of a handful I'll rethink my decision! We have A LOT going on this year, so we will see and we'll decide when we want to start trying for baby #2 when Venily is a year old. It's just that I love Venily so very much it's overwhelming even to look into her little eyes! I wish I could clone her and have another of her, because I so would, haha!

I thought I should start writing down her likes and dislikes every month so I have something to look back on. Maybe if I get some time I will make it look pretty and I'd really like to fix up her whole site, but maybe only a little at a time!

AT 3 MONTHS...

Venily's LIKES:
*Mommy and Daddy (she adores us, but especially Mommy!)
*Eating (ha, you just have to look at her cheeks to know that!)
*Her "friends"- in order: her red puppy on her swing, her mobile friends, her yellow lion, her orange elephant, and her fan friends (shhhh...she doesn't know they're not real friends!)
*Smiling and laughing (she does it all day long!!)
*Swinging in her swing
*Watching Mommy clean while she's in her saucer
*Car rides
*Standing up
*Getting her diaper changed- I know it's weird, but she always loves it... maybe it's b/c she gets to see her mobile friends...and she always puts her feet up and is ready for it, it's really funny!
*toys, which is good b/c she has a LOT

Venily's DISLIKES:

*Having her neck rolls washed out in the mornings, haha
*Getting lotion put on her face
*Baths! She usually cries during them this whole last month, but we are starting to get a system that works a little better. (We wash her in the sink now, and it takes both of us, one to hold her in a sitting position (she hates laying down in the bath) and one to wash her)
*Tummy time! She's supposed to have like 20 min a day, but I can usually only get a few minutes in before she gets really mad
*Getting put to bed at night, even if she's really tired, she usually fights it... but after a couple of attempts she gives up and falls right to sleep!
*Her nasal aspirator (I know, all babies do!)


That's all I can think of for now! Tomorrow she is getting her 3 months pics taken and we'll finally pick up her 2 months pic and hopefully I'll be able to put it up on here and add all of the other pictures I have to still put up on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment