Sunday, December 2, 2007

December 2, 2007 (Venily 1 month, 2 weeks, 5 days old)

Venily is 7 weeks old! Her sicknesses seem to be getting better. She is still congested, but she is finally sleeping better again at night. She's back to only getting up 1 to a few times a night to eat and then falling right back to sleep, but some nights she is still fussy at first and has a hard time getting to bed. Her rash on her face, neck, scalp, and shoulders is getting worse though! :( And after researching it for a while, I'm pretty sure she has baby eczema. There is no real treatment for it, but I'm going to schedule her an appointment with the doctor tomorrow anyway and see if there is anything he can give her to make it better. I've also found some other things that you can do like give them daily baths, moisturize their skin at least twice a day, only use certain soaps and detergents and stuff like that. I hope that helps! I'm also going to try not drinking milk or dairy products, which is going to be soooo hard for me, but I'm willing to do anything to make her better. It's really common in babies and is hereditary so I'm sure she got it from me! My skin breaks out in a rash over almost anything (and I can only use certain soaps and things on my skin) and I still get it on my arms every winter. My poor baby, I hope she gets better soon!

This last week she also had her first bottle of pumped breast milk! I've read that you need to introduce it at week 6 or she might not take it later on. I didn't think that she was going to like it b/c she won't even take a pacifier (not that I really wanted her to have one anyway). But after a little bit of being confused and not really wanting it, Jason got her to drink the whole thing. It made me so sad, lol, my little baby girl doesn't even need me any more! We're not going to give her a bottle very often, but if we need to be somewhere for a long period of time and it will be hard for me to nurse, then it's good to know that we can still feed her!

Some of Venily's newest favorite things are taking naps with Mommy (she's such a good cuddly baby- I hope she stays that way!) and grabbing on to Mommy's hair with all of her might, lol!

My 6 week postpartum visit last Monday went really well. Everything looks good and I've lost all of the baby weight, plus 2 pounds. I actually didn't want to lose that much and it's going to be hard to gain it back (especially while breastfeeding which burns 500 calories a day), but I won't complain about it! As long as I don't lose any more I will be happy.

Venily is very excited about Christmas. We got our Christmas tree up yesterday and she just LOVES to look at all of the pretty lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment