Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 24, 2007 (Venily 1 month, 1 week, 4 days old)

Venily is 6 weeks old today! And I am tired, lol! We have had a couple of difficult nights this week because Venily has a cold! :( It is really sad, I think she caught it from Chase because I brought her up to see him earlier in the week and he had a really bad cold- I kept them apart, but apparently not far enough...I guess I learned my lesson! Running our Vick's vaporizer has helped her along with sucking out her nose a couple times during the night. I'm not feeling very well either... and winter hasn't even started yet!

Glitter Graphics


Venily had her first Thanksgiving and she did great! She went to her Grandma Lauren's and Grandpa Don's and then to her Great Grandma and Grandpa Reyer's and slept most of the day while being held. She had on her little Thanksgiving dress and looked adorable! That night though was the worst! LOL! I can tell this story now because it's been a couple of days, but it was definitely not funny at the time. She wasn't feeling that well during the night and you could tell that something was bothering her. She was fussy and wanted to be held and as soon as she'd fall asleep and I'd put her down, she'd wake back up and be sad. So, I kept feeding her b/c that made her happy and I didn't know what else to do. When she was done, she fell asleep on my chest and I decided to lay her next to me on the bed b/c she sleeps better like that and I was REALLY tired. Well, we were sleeping face-to-face, only a couple inches apart and she projectile threw up ALL over! Oh my gosh! It went in my mouth, all over my face and in my eyes and all in my hair, it was disgusting! My eyes were burning. It was 1:30 in the morning and I just started bawling, lol, because I was soooo tired. Jason had to get up at 5:30 but he woke up and cleaned her all up (she threw up a couple more times after that) and took off the sheets and pillow cases and everything else that she threw up all over while I went in the shower. After that she felt a lot better and was finally able to get some sleep. Looking back at it now it just seems like such a classic new baby moment that you hear about all the time, lol. Hopefully it's a while before anything like that happens again!

During the days Venily has been very happy though!! Her new favorite thing is her mirror toy. She LOVES looking at her gorgeous little face in the mirror and she swings her arms around and can actually play with some of the toys on it (though I don't know if it's intentual or not :), it's still really cute). She likes to talk to things too with her baby voice. The other day it was so cute too! We put her mobile above her changing table because she doesn't go in her crib yet and it gives her something to look at while getting changed. Well, I put her on there and I forgot to start it up and she was just looking up at it with the most concerned look on her face. I saw her and started it up. As soon as the music started playing she started smiling so big and it just made her so happy to have her friends singing to her- it was so precious! I still haven't caught her adorable smile on camera yet, it's so hard! I have one of her sleep smiling, but it's not the same. Hopefully I'll be able to get one soon!

I go for my 6 week postpartum visit on Monday and my pregnancy adventure will officially be over- that feels so weird to me! But... our family has a lot more pregnancy and babies to go!!! Venily is getting ANOTHER new baby cousin!!! CONGRATS Uncle Jim and Aunt Kayla! We are all so excited!

Glitter Graphics

All three new babies will be so close in age and in the same grade level is school, it's so ideal! They are going to be the best of friends! Uncle Jason is already planning family trips with all of the little ones, it's going to be so fun!

Keep the babies coming, I can't get enough of them, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment