Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 10, 2007 (Venily 4 weeks old)

Well, my pasghettio is 4 weeks old today!! I can't even believe it, but I feel like she's been with us forever. I've never been happier though! All of my clothes have spit up on them, I don't have 5 minutes to myself anymore, and I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in 4 weeks, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Things just feel right now, I love her so much and she is just what I always wanted in my life. I'm a little sad though that she's getting so old so quickly, but I'm really looking forward to seeing her little personality emerge and watching her do new things!

Last Sunday she had her first bath and she actually did really well with it. She needed Jason to continuously pour water on her though or she'd get unhappy. I don't know if I'd be able to do it on my own though! On Monday she gave me her first real smile and I was just overcome with happiness! :) She smiles all the time when she's content and falling asleep, but this was the first time that she was wide awake and I was smiling and talking to her and she smiled back and her eyes were so happy too, it was the cutest thing in the whole world!

She's still eating really good and I'm so proud of myself for still nursing. It can be a little inconvenient at times, but I know it's what is best for her and I've set my goals for at least 6 months and then we'll see what happens. At 6 weeks I can start pumping too, but I'm a little scared that she'll only want a bottle after that.

She's still sleeping pretty good too. We only had one night where she was up almost all night and I'm pretty sure I know what the problem was. Every night since we brought her home, I've always put her to bed at night in her swaddle blanket. Well, it's starting to get a little small so I decided to put her in a sleeping sack blanket one night, which leaves her arms open and not swaddled in with her. I didn't realize that that could be the problem though until the next day, lol. Now she's back to sleeping good and I need to buy the next biggest size swaddle blanket as soon as she outgrows the one she has!

I'm going to get her one month pictures taken sometime next week and I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Well, Venily just spit up ALL over me, lol, so we both are going to get changed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment