Saturday, July 28, 2007

July 28, 2007 (28 weeks, 2 days pregnant w/ Venily)

My appointment with my new doctor yesterday went good. We definitely like him more than our last doctor. He's really down to earth and nice and actually has some sort of personality and he's not really creepy, so that's good! Everything is looking great too, so I'm relieved! My glucose test came back good, I was only at 112 so no problems there and my iron levels and stuff came back even better than the last time I had my blood tested, so I'm not anemic! The baby's heartbeat was at 144bpm and she's measuring good too, even though I've only gained 1 pound in the last 5 weeks. I've been so worried about that, but the doctor said that it was fine as long as it doesn't continue happening too often. He said that the baby gets everything that she needs first, so she'll be fine no matter what, but I only get what's left over so my health might suffer if I'm not eating enough. That's probably why I was getting really tired and dizzy those few days, I was expending more energy than I was consuming, but I'm doing good with that now. He also said that there is now a big change by doctors to have women gain the minimum number of pounds required rather than going too far over because it's better for the baby and mom, leads to fewer complications, and the mom can bounce back faster after birth, so that's good! My last doctor told me something similar and said that I should gain 20-30 pounds and I've gained 13 so far, so I'm right on track. My next appointment will be in a month, on August 27th and after that I start going for my appointments every 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment