Friday, July 20, 2007

July 20, 2007 (27 weeks, 1 day pregnant w/ Venily)

I'M IN MY THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!! I can't believe it! My baby could be born now with great chances of survival, but hopefully she decides to stay in there until October! My second semester has been so great, I'm a little sad that it's over. I haven't even felt very pregnant except for my big belly and all of the moving around in there (which is the best part anyway)!

So, I had some disappointment yesterday. About 5 minutes before I was going to leave for my doctor's appointment, I get a call saying that my appointment is cancelled and that the doctor isn't accepting any new patients at this time! Thanks for the advanced notice! Gosh I hate doctors and hospitals! I knew she wasn't accepting new patients, but I thought that we had gotten around it and had everything worked out. I think we're just going to have an at-home birth and Jason will deliver the baby! LOL! Just kidding, though I'd prefer that rather than going back to Burlington! Instead we're just going to find another doctor at Kenosha. Possibly the one I saw last week (he was really nice, but not an OB, though he does OB stuff too) or another guy that Cathy recommended. We'll see, I really wanted to have a woman, but I'll get over it- as long as I deliver in Kenosha, I don't care any more!

All of this doctor stuff has me a little stressed out though. I could hardly sleep at all last night and had several terrible dreams about bad things happening to the baby. I weighed myself at home yesterday and I haven't gained ANY weight since my last appointment a month ago! It doesn't make a lot of sense b/c I eat all of the time. I really want to get in and have my stomach measured to make sure she's still growing on schedule in there. I'm sure she is, b/c I look bigger and she has been kicking and moving around more and more all the time, but it doesn't help that everyone I see tells me how small I look or when they can't believe that I'm over 6 months now. Plus over the last week I've been so tired and keep getting dizzy all of the time. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we've been so busy around here! Jason has had the last 2 1/2 weeks off of work so we're always doing something and now with Jacki and Jake back, we spend a lot of our time with them! Hopefully I can get in to see a doctor sometime next week and see what he says! In the meantime I'll just keep eating all day long and taking naps whenever I get tired- it's a rough time being pregnant, huh? LOL! :)

I think some of my stress also comes from the fact that I don't have everything ready yet for when the baby gets here! I'm really big into planning beforehand and being prepared! I'm working on it though! Yesterday we went to some garage sales and I got a rocking chair and ottoman and a floor toy that babies play with while laying on their backs. And we already have a changing table, bassinet, toys, blankets, lots of pretty little girl clothes, etc. Most of which we've had before we were even pregnant! So, I'm not behind on getting things or anything, but if it was up to me I'd have the whole baby's room all set up with everything ready to go by now if I could! I'll probably have that ready within a month and then I'll feel much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment