Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 10, 2007 (24 weeks, 2 days pregnant w/Venily)

100 Days Left And Counting!!!! The days are just flying by! Jason thinks that that's a long time, but he doesn't realize how fast time goes!

We just got back from a visit to the Kenosha hospital where we are now all set up to continue our pregnancy and delivery there!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't met our doctor yet, but I was able to get the one that I really wanted! She's a young, cute, FEMALE doctor and I am so excited. Plus Cathy says she's really nice and really knows what she's doing! It's just such a relief to get that all taken care of! We have our first appointment with her on the 19th! We also took a tour of the labor and delivery floor!! WOW!! It was just AMAZING!! I don't know what I was thinking wanting to go to Burlington. There is ABSOLUTELY no comparison. This one was huge, gorgeous, clean, etc. and the environment there was wonderful. All of the rooms but one had moms in them b/c there were a ton of births last night, including two sets of twins, but you would never have known that! It's so calm and peaceful and pretty there and exactly where I'd imagine I would want to have a baby! And the rooms themselves were even bigger and nicer than I had remembered and the bathrooms were just incredible with a whirlpool tub and shower and everything! Burlington's room's don't even have a shower or tub and you can barely turn around in them! I am just so happy that we're going to Kenosha now, I'd go there even if we had to drive 3 hours to get there, it's so worth it!!!! If you can't tell, I'm just so excited! :)

Let's see, what else is new? Venily is doing well, still kicking a lot and growing nice and big. I've been reading books to her now and she likes that! She's kind of a weird baby though, she kicks a lot when most babies would fall asleep like driving in the car, swinging on swings, etc. I hope she's not like that when she's born! She's been getting a few more things too as we're starting to get ready for her. She has a ton of cute little outfits and things from Clifton's daughter, I think she's set from newborn to 3 months! I've also discovered the wonderful baby clearance section in Walmart, lol. Everytime something gets to be too cheap to pass up, I buy it! I've gotten some really cute little socks and a baby bath set! We also bought wooden blocks that spell out her name! I'm going to paint them and put ribbon on them and hang them up on the wall in her room, I can't wait!

Our baby shower is also all set up now, with invitations coming soon. We're having it at the Brighton Dale park on August 5th! We went and looked at it the other day and it's really nice!

Jason and I also just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary and our 6 year anniversary of being together and had a great time! We went out to eat, watched a movie (Knocked Up, lol, it was very funny), walked around down by the river in Janesville, went shopping, went for a ride in Jason's new 63 Rambler (it's called something like that, I know nothing about cars), and ate our wedding cake that has been frozen for a year (it was actually really good!). It's crazy to think what's going to be going on in our lives a year from today, on our next anniversary! We're going to have a 9 month old daughter, CRAZY, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment