Friday, July 25, 2008

July 25, 2008 (Venily is 9 months, 1 week, 5 days old)

Made a couple of updates to the front page! Venily's growth charts, words she knows (she's been learning more and more each day!), and the kids' pictures (poor little Bryant was still a fetus, lol!). I'm hoping to do some more updates when I get a chance, but Venily hasn't been liking that idea so I have to do only a little at a time!

Venily's doctor appointment last week went good! She weighed in at 19lbs, 9 oz. And I measured her myself and she was 29.25in (they didn't measure her good at all!). :) She is healthy and growing right on schedule and the doctor said that she had a really great disposition. She didn't even cry (first time ever) and she didn't need any shots, so that's always good. I'm looking into finding her a pediatrician though. I'm hoping to do that next week! Her doctor now is just a general doctor and I'd really prefer a pediatritian.

We've decided that Venily's first birthday party will be Sunday, October 12, 2008 at our NEW house!!!! The foundation is getting started tomorrow finally and then we should have the house in order for a party, though probably not completely finished. The drywall/etc. in the living room/ dining room/loft area needs to AT LEAST be done before we can move in, so we're praying that all goes smoothly. Though the deck, basement, backyard, etc. will probably not be done in time for the party, that's okay!

Venily is STILL not sleeping well! My gosh it was a difficult last 2 weeks. She has been getting up like every 1-2 hours during the night! I'm hoping it's teething. Last night was a little better, only got up twice!! Went to bed at 9pm, then got up at 1:30 (for an hour, she was so happy and crawling all over us and just full of energy, lol- I think it's b/c her batteries were half-charged!) and then again at 5ish and finally woke up at 6:30. HAHA, I don't want another baby until she sleeps through the night!!!

Venily is a little point-a-holic!!!! She points at EVERYTHING, all day long. Now, though, there is a lot of meaning behind her points. She points at things she wants or places she wants to go. And if we ask her where something or someone is, she points at them too!

She is standing a lot more too. She'll pull herself up on things and then let go for a few seconds and then grab back on or sit down.... she is actually doing it right now on the chair that I am sitting on. I got a picture of her doing it outside naked, lol, it's really funny!

She's doing GREAT with her sippy cup w/ stopper, so looks like we're going to skip bottles all together (one less thing to worry about!). She LOVES juice but the doctor wants me to wait until she is a year to give her milk. And I'm too busy during the day to pump and try that in her sippy cup, so she is still nursing.

Other than that, we're just hanging out. Playing with lots of toys, reading books (Venily just LOVES books right now), playing outside, going swimming when we get a chance, and just enjoying the summer!!! Venily is in CONSTANT motion and hardly slows down for a second though!!! We're hoping to go to the fair on Sunday, I know Venily will ABSOLUTELY have an awesome time! :)

I have a TON of new videos to put up, but no time to do it. Will let you know when I get them up also some new pictures! Okay, time for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment