Monday, July 14, 2008

July 14, 2008 (Venily is 9 months, 1 day old)

Had another BUSY summer weekend!!

On Friday we got Venily's 8 month pictures taken (just in time, lol). We got them done at the Sears in Kenosha b/c we couldn't get an appointment at JCPenney's last minute. We LOVED it there! So much nicer than the Sears in Racine and the woman was so cute and Venily really liked her! We might go there more often now, I put her pictures up on here the other day, they turned out so much cuter than the last time we went to Sears! Then we went to IHOP and ate where we had a HUGE scare with Venily. She was eating peaches in her stroller and started choking really bad (she gags and chokes all the time, but never this bad). Jason saw her and told me and I quick just jammed my finger down her throat and scooped them out (which I've done before). Jason was SOOOO shooken up, I felt bad. He kept saying that he didn't know what to do and if I hadn't done that he doesn't know what would have happened. He says if it ever happens again, we have to switch her to an all liquid diet, lol! It was scary, but it happens! After that we went miniture golfing at Congo River!

On Saturday we drove out to Lockport for Joe and Megan's reception. It was a lot of fun! They have a daughter, Alana, who is 13 months, and just so cute and we got to see her for the first time. Alana is the exact same size as Venily (she was born 3 months early) and even looks similar to her so people kept saying they looked like twins, lol. She is a LOT more shy than Venily though, so she didn't want to play with her. :( But Venily had fun anyway watching some of the older kids playing and meeting a lot of her family that she doesn't know well.

Photobucket

Then on Sunday we went to Kaitlyn's 4th birthday party at the Aquatic Center!! HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!! Thanks for inviting us, we had a lot of fun! Venily just LOVES the water. Jason and I have even considered putting up a pool in our new back yard, lol, but it's so small that's ALL that would be there!

Venily also turned 9 months yesterday!!!! 3/4 of a year!!! I can't think about it too much or I start to cry! I can't believe that she came into our lives 9 months ago! And she's learned and grown and changed so much over the last 9 months! I didn't get a chance to measure her yesterday, but when I weighed her she is still at 20 pounds.... that makes her at 20 pounds for the last 3 months straight! But I can believe it, for how active she is, I'm surprised she hasn't lost weight. We go for her 9 month check-up on Thursday so I'll write up her new stats then!

Let's see.... some new things that she does at 9 months that I haven't already written... she can roll a ball back and forth to me now! She's actually really good at it! She'll do it for like 20 minutes straight with me some times. She's also getting really good at following directions. Her baby will be sitting next to her and I'll say "give your baby a kiss" and she'll pick her up and give her a great big open mouth kiss, lol (the same that she gives us- they're THE BEST!!). She can climb steps and over cushions, opens the screen door, opens cupboards and drawers... hahaha, pretty much anything that is naughty and makes it harder for me to watch her all day. She also is doing AWESOME with her "b" words! She loves to say "ball", "bird", "bang", "block", etc.... or if she doesn't know what something is, she'll usually just say "ba" haha!

At 9 Months...

Venily's LIKES:
* Spontaneously clapping her hands!! HAHA! She must do it a MILLION times a day lately! She does it for EVERYTHING! We were watching a show and every time the audience would applaud, she'd start clapping too. And sometimes she'll be nursing and then stop to clap, go back to nursing, stop to clap again and go back to nursing..haha. It's definitely her current favorite "trick" and her Daddy's favorite too!
*Her favorite toys- strings, balls, wooden blocks, her baby
*Kaitlyn and all kids and animals that move!
*swimming
*getting tickled!!!! All I have to do is say "I'm going to get you" and she breaks out into hysterics!
*giving kisses (though she only likes giving them to Daddy when he is all shaven up!)
*crawling around crazy and standing, especially at the window to watch the birds
*books!! She loves when I point to stuff in them and tell her what they are!



Venily DISLIKES:
* Sleeping- why sleep when you can play?
*Getting her diaper changed (she's got WAY more important things to do!)
*Not being able to crawl around and get into trouble (it makes long car rides and shopping trips difficult at times)

No comments:

Post a Comment