Thursday, March 6, 2008

March 6, 2008 (Venily is 4 months, 3 weeks, 1 day old)

Quick updates while Venily is napping (she's still taking awesome naps during the day)!

We've started to take baths with her now! It's the only way she'll take one without crying. It works out very nicely. She likes playing in the water and it calms her down, but when you try to give her a bath by herself she doesn't like it. What a goofy girl.

Oh and if you haven't figured out from the pictures, Venily LOVES to stick out her tongue now. We do it to her a lot because it makes her laugh, so now she does it to us.

She has tried a whole bunch of different food now and so far likes everything (haven't tried green beans yet b/c I'm afraid she won't like them, lol)! But, now that she has had food, her plain cereal doesn't interest her any more. She'll only eat it mixed with fruit, haha! Oh well! And once her baby food that I bought runs out I'm going to the store to buy her all fresh organic fruits and vegetables that I'll make into babyfood myself! My poor baby, I'm already turning into one of those psycho moms. I'm also looking into getting her a baby sign language book, I'm fasinated by the idea. At least I'll get some use out of my teaching degree!

Yesterday Venily tried a sippy cup and drinking out of a cup. Jason thought I was crazy, but she's almost 5 months... it's not THAT crazy. She only has one bottle that she'll drink out of so I want her to be introduced to more options. She bit on the end of the sippy cup and had no clue what it was for!! She thought it was a toy. Then I took off the top and had her drink it out of the cup. It was SOOO cute! She was very excited about it, because it came so fast. HAHAHA! She did pretty good too, I'd say about 25-50% she actually got in her mouth and drank. She didn't know what to do with her tongue though, she kept sticking it out. I'll try it with her again every couple of days and see if she can get the hang of it.

She's also so close to rolling over from her back to her stomach it's not even funny. I bet I could blow her and she'd be over! I keep grabbing my camera every time she is close, but she won't do it. I'm sure she'll wait until I'm out of the room to do it the first time. She rolls all the time though from her stomach to her back. She's been schooching around a lot more too, she doesn't go anywhere, just spins in circles. She can also sit up by herself for a couple seconds at a time before she topples over.

Well, she is awake now, playing in her crib and talking to herself. She is getting really good at the "g" sounds. She also does some "b's" and "d's". She found a new way to talk that is really funny too!

Oh and we bought a lot, signed the papers yesterday! I'm really hoping everything works out with it and am crossing my fingers that we'll be able to have our house built and ready to move in by Venily's first birthday!! We'll see!

So I grabbed her and am trying to type while feeding her and it used to be no problem. But she is SOOOO interested in everything now, with every little noise she wants to see what is going on. It's really cute, but it makes it harder to feed her with her getting distracted all the time!

And now she is sitting in my lap and trying to type again. I have a feeling my updates are going to be fewer and fewer as the time goes by! Here is a message from Venily, before she gets mad...

h jjjjjkmk,.,kmhbnmfc x bvb , ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccx thbnb ,.,kmnjhm m,f v f


She said I love you all and thanks for stopping by! She loves the space bar. She also loves using the remote, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment