Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 26, 2008 (Venily is 5 months, 1 week, 6 days old)

Just a few more updates while I have the chance.

As you can see from the videos, Venily has been going crazy lately with imitating us! She'll imitate us opening our mouths, sticking out our tongues, and blowing with our lips. She thinks it's sooo funny! I'm trying to teach her to wave now. Sometimes she'll do it, she picks things up pretty quickly.

Venily can now sit up all by herself for up to 1-2 minutes at a time!!! She can also stand up all by herself holding onto something. But I don't leave her alone to do it because I'm so scared of her falling and hurting herself, our new house is going to be covered in foam padding for when she learns how to walk!!

Drinking from a cup is going well. We do it every day with breakfast. She looks forward to it! I haven't tried the sippy cup again, I figured I'd stick to one thing at a time!

Venily has been eating 3 real-food meals a day now. She has cereal mixed with fruit for breakfast, usually a half a container of 1st or 2nd food for lunch and a whole container for dinner! Sometimes I'll let her eat or chew on real food while I hold onto it and she's had some fruit puffs too, but Jason yells at me for giving them to her. Believe me, I'm VERY careful, that is one of his biggest fears in life though, kids choking. Venily is still nursing several times a day as well. My goal for nursing was 6 months, but I know I'm going to be able to beat that for sure! I hoping to go the whole year, but we will see what happens when her teeth start coming in (so far no teeth yet).

As far as sizes go, Venily is in mostly 6 month clothes now and some 9 months too. I love when she gets to a new size because she gets a whole new wardrobe I can dress her in! She's been in size 3 diapers now for a while now. Size 2 shoes. She goes to the doctor again in a few weeks for her 6 month check up and shots and she'll be weighed and measured again. She is such a big girl now, Jason and I are amazed when we see how much she has grown each day!

She was supposed to go today to get her pics taken, but that didn't happen because Jason had to work and I'm sick. We rescheduled for Saturday though, so hopefully we'll be able to get them done then- unless Landen decides to come then or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment