Friday, August 8, 2008

August 8, 2008 (Venily is 9 months, 3 weeks, 5 days old)

We met Venily's new pediatrician on Wednesday and LOVED her!! I feel really confident in her and she made me feel like I could call her for anything, which is really important. Also, she has 4 children and the youngest is 10 months! How awesome is that? She knows EXACTLY what I am going through! We're VERY happy with her!

Venily's rash is almost completely gone now. But she was really sick yesterday with a fever (which is going around). It broke our hearts to see her sick! I kept giving her Tylenol yesterday and she was still burning up. We even tried giving her a cool bath (saddest thing ever- she had sad, tired eyes and was shaking so bad she couldn't even play with her cups), dressing her really lightly, popsicles, etc. and nothing was working. We finally called her doctor but since it was after hours, we got the on-call doctor (which happened to have been my pediatrician as a kid). He told us to give her motrin since her temp was over 100 and that really did the trick! Her fever went down completely and I checked her a couple times during the night and again this morning and she is all good now! Sick babies are the saddest!!!

On a happier note, I got Venily's birthday dress, LOL!! It's soooo cute! I got it in a 12m though, so I'm hoping it will still fit her on her birthday. They only had it in 12m and 24m. But Venily is already wearing 12m and even some 18m (actually right now she is wearing a 2T shirt that fits her great, lol)! If she starts to outgrow it maybe I will turn it into her 10 or 11 month picture dress! It's red and white gingham with cherries on it.... but I think we're going with a pink and girly theme for her party... so maybe I will have to get her another dress anyway! HAHA! They have the CUTEST stuff for a 1 year old birthday party at Factory Card Outlet! ONLY ABOUT 2 MORE MONTHS!!!

Our house is coming along great! Jason almost has the entire basement formed up. He's just working on making sure it is absolutely square (a must for modular houses) and then we'll be ready to pour the rest! It's starting to look like it's going to be an actual house!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment