Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13, 2008 (Venily is 10 months old)


Well, Venily is 10 months old already!!! I can't believe it! Do you even know what comes after 10 months?! 11 months, then a year! OH MY GOSH!!! I can't see how it's even possible!

I measured her and weighed her today and she was 20 pounds, 29.5inches long. I updated her charts!

Venily is doing good. I'm pretty sure she is TEETHING big time! She's been moody and drooly and bossy lately, lol! She is currently on a yelling and whining phase. When she wants something she yells... LOUDLY!!! HAHA, at home, in the store, in a room full of people... doesn't matter, she always has to be the loudest one! The other day she was yelling so much the day before that her voice was all hoarse and low, it was really funny. I've been trying to ignore her when she does it so she knows that yelling doesn't get her what she wants, and I think it's starting to work! I will be very happy when these teeth finally cut through!

Venily isn't walking yet, but I have no doubt that she will start within a month. She stands all by herself ALL the time and will take a step towards something and grab on (she likes to hold onto the table, take a step towards the couch and then grab onto the couch).

She hasn't been eating as much as she used to since she got sick and is now teething, but she still eats pretty good. She also used to eat anything and everything, but is starting to get a bit more picky. If she doesn't like something she will just take one piece by one piece and drop them off the side of her highchair, haha. She also does that when she is full! I wish I could get her to stop! :) She is still eating all real food too and has been for a long time, which when we met with her pediatrician, she was surprised and impressed by that!

Nighttime sleeping is pretty much hit or miss. Sometimes she only gets up once or twice and will sleep in her crib all night. Other nights she's up every hour and has to sleep in our bed. I really think having her own room will help her out tremendously!!! BUT, on the plus side, she is taking AWESOME naps during the day!! (She is taking one as I type this!) And she is ALWAYS on schedule with them, so that makes things so much easier to get things done. She is down to 2 naps a day and has been for several weeks. She takes her first nap at about 9:00am and her second at 1:00pm (give or take an hour). And they are both usually about 2 hours long each!!!! It's SOOOO nice. And when she wakes up, she usually plays nicely all by herself in her crib for like 20 minutes, lol.... as long as I'm not in there!!

At 10 months...

Venily's LIKES:
*DOGS and all animals
* KIDS
* climbing up on things (she's a little mountain goat!)
* Daddy horsey rides
* silly sounds
* making music (she has a xylophone, piano, drum and tambourine! And Mommy has learned how to play Twinkle, Twinkle little star, Pop goes the Weasel, The Farmer in the Dell, and London Bridges!!!!! I'm so proud of myself, haha! (her piano taught me how to play them, lol, I have 4 more songs to learn!!)
* BOOKS- definitely her current favorite toys


Venily DISLIKES:
* Not getting what she wants
* Being told "NO"
* Being restrained in any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment