Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lack of updates :(

The beginning of April was the last time I posted!!  It's been over 6 months and I have so much to catch up on!  The primary reason that I stopped blogging was that I was just too overwhelmed with some hard-to-deal with things.  I didn't want to have to write about them and I couldn't pretend they weren't happening either.  I will briefly get them out of the way as I try to catch up from this last 1/2 a year!

* We took Haven out of preschool 2 months early.  Without getting into too many details, the neighbor of the preschool she was attending is now facing several felony charges and we just didn't feel safe sending her there any more.  It was a very unfortunate ending to an otherwise really great school year.  Haven, even though technically a victim, is blissfully unaware that anything ever happened.  I, however, will forever be changed from the whole ordeal.  It changed something deep down inside of me on how I perceive people and wiped away a good portion of my naivety.  I will be relieved when this chapter is officially closed from our lives for good.

* We spent several months hoping to adopt a family member, but it didn't work out in the end.  It was an incredibly emotional journey for me.  However, I feel good knowing now some of the processes involved and Jason and I are 100% committed to expanding our family through adoption!  After much research, I am fairly certain that we will be doing an international adoption and in the countries that I've narrowed down, China feels like the best fit for our family.  Specifically, I am interested in a special needs adoption with a child that has a similar heart defect as Haven.  It just feels so right to me!  Jason is not as convinced on the "special needs" part, but he will come around. :)  I hope to write more about this in the future.  I am super excited!

* Haven had her heart procedure postponed until next summer.  I was so mentally prepared for her procedure to happen in July, that it really hit me hard to have to delay it.  I hate the waiting and the worrying, but they wanted to wait until she is a little bigger since she is not having any major difficulties right now.  Everything will be bigger, which will make the process easier and it will be safer to put her under anesthesia as well.  The drawback is that she will be older and it is going to require more explanation and is now likely going to be something that she remembers.


Stay tuned for MANY more updates in the days to come!  I am going to have to skip over so much or I'll never get caught back up, but I will definitely be writing about summer, Jason's new job, Venily starting 1st grade, Haven starting 4K, Haven turning 4, the girls' joint birthday party, Venily turning 6, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment