Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:33 PM

Current mood: cheerful
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

Well, 2006 has been a crazy year ! I would say that the first half of the year has been the most difficult couple of months of my life, while the second half has been some of the best. The beginning of the year I had to deal with student teaching (eighth graders, lesson plans, parent-teacher conferences, detentions, phone calls home, portfolios, etc.), NO free time at all, a couple of very sick family members (which tested every limit I could possibly have), wedding planning (I don't care what anyone says- it is NOT fun planning your own wedding- especially on a budget and with no free time to do it!), and TONS AND TONS of stress . The only real great thing that happened in the first half was the birth of my nephew, which was by no means easy or stress-free.

The second half of the year, however, got SOOO much better! I graduated, Jason and I had our 5 year anniversary of being together, we got MARRIED! <3 src="http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/love.gif"> [yep, we pulled it off (some of it at the last minute) and it turned out fantastic], I gained a wonderful new family, we became really close to some wonderful people!, the family members who were sick got better (or at least for the most part), and Jason and I were able to spend a LOT of time together as husband and wife and it's been AMAZING! Hopefully this newlywed feeling lasts forever b/c I love it! Oh, and I started subbing which I really like. I'm told that I'm pretty all the time by cute little kids, kids want to hold my hand when we walk in the halls, etc. and I get paid over double any job I've ever worked in my life- so that's really nice.

And, even though part of this year has been so great, I have a feeling that 2007 is going to be even better! I have so much to look forward to:

* Jason's 24th birthday in January (even though 25 is going to be even better b/c he gets a bunch of money!)

* New, major government changes in January! Yay!

* Going on our honeymoon (somewhere warm, we don't know where yet, probably California!)

* A visit from Jacki, Jake, & Kaitlyn in a couple of months! (And we'll probably be going to Georgia again sometime after that)

* Chase walking, talking, and turning one! I can't wait, he's already crawling around like crazy!

* Spending more time with my awesome husband!

* Our one year wedding anniversary & celebrating 6 years together! (hopefully our cake isn't freezer burnt, lol)

* Possibly a MAJOR move around July (don't know if I'm excited about that, probably more nervous)

* more weddings to go to (and not my own!)

* being a mommy!!!!! (The number one thing I'm looking forward to in 2007!!!)

* and of course lots more that I don't even know about yet!!!

I'm sooo excited!

And, even though I'm not really into making New Year's resolutions, there are a few things I'd like to do this next year…

#1- Stop caring so much about what others think of me. It's so not worth it. I am an incredibly lucky person with an amazing life so obviously there are always going to be people who are unhappy with everything I have compared to themselves and I'm not going to let those people bring me down.

#2- Stop obsessing about things I have absolutely no control over. Things will happen when the time is right!

#3- And continue doing everything else that I'm doing now, because it's obviously working!



CAN'T WAIT FOR 2007!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment